Barcode font is shrunk
We were using visual studio 2005 with crystall reports 11 release 2. we bought the precision id code 128 barcode font. when exported to pdf for printing purposes, it was shrinking the barcode making it unreadable for the scanners. this was overcome by adding a registry key called ForceLargerFonts. since then it was working fine. Now we have upgraded to crystal reports 2008 and are back to square now. its shrinking the barcode. I tried creating the registry key as earlier and is still shriking the font. what can be done to stop shrinking the code 128 barcode.
It sounds like this is a web based application. You'll need to make the ForceLargerFonts key available to the web server as well.
From one of our kbases:
To work around this issue:
1. Press Ctrl-Alt-Del on your keyboard, then click the Task Manager button. Click the Processes tab. The security account is listed beside your process name (for IIS 5 the process name is aspnet_wp.exe and for IIS 6 it is w3wp.exe).
2. Open the registry editor. On the Start menu, click Run then type "regedit" and click OK.
3. Navigate to the following registry sub key:
There will be a number of keys here that start with "S-1-5". Inspect each one and look for your security account name in the ProfileImagePath entry. Take note of the key (folder) you are on when you find your process.
4. Go to the following registry sub key:
(I'm not sure what the exact key is but you should be able to find it):
HKEY_USERS\[your security profile]\Software\Business Objects\12\Crystal Reports\Export\Pdf
5. Right-click the sub key and click New > DWORD Value. Name the DWORD value "ForceLargerFonts" and set it to the value of 1.
6. Restart IIS, and try the application again.