cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proportional leave entitle reduction with unpaid leave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are trying to configure the unpaid leave so that it will reduce the entitlement leave proportionally i.e. when the employee takes one month unpaid leave it should reduce his entitle leave by 1/12. Any help on this?

I did configured the reduction rules and reduction for quota accrual but these do not work correctly (instead of 4 they reduce the limit by 2 days).

Can you please suggest what is missing?

Regards,

Hubert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please provide with your setting so we can have a look

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

you mean the conf. of the above mentioned rules?

Regards,

Hubert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes please....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

(V_T559L)

Reduction rule:

Basic data:

No reduction

Key date...

day by day in acc. period

Red. rule for inactive days:

acc period

Reduction indicator for unpaid leave is activated

I then assigned my reduction rule to the annual leave

Regards,

Hubert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Requirement: is it the total amount of leave that count, no matter when taken or you need a minimum duration before reducing?

I explain:

do you reduce the same if an employee take 30 days consecutive of leave and another employee take 30 days durting the year, but one day per one day ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Our requirement is to reduce the entitlement in both cases.

Regards,

Hubert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then I guess you should go via a Time rule, I don't think standard config will do it good (I never use it, it is too basic).

be careful if you attempt to reduce multpiple times in proportion of few day absence, you will be confronted with decimal and rounding problem..... I mean reducing 10 time at 1/365e is not equal at reducing one time at 10/365e (because of rounding)....

You should try to deal the requirement and make it the more basic as you can... (i.e reducing once a month per example)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is is still possible even though we dont use the time schedules?

Regard,

Hubert

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean by time schedule? You don't use time eval at all?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we do use time evaluation but without above mentioned schedules (from sap help:Work schedules are shift schedules which must be generated for all employees)

Anyway as for my configuration is it ok? If not, are you able to tell what conf are we missing?

Regards,

Hubert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry first time I heard about time eval without WSchedule...

I guess you can count the absences directly with P2001 then store into a time type.... Whenever you want (certain amount of absence, or day in a month or whatever) you calculate what would be the reduction and send this negative value as entitlement... Try to deal for a simple process of reduction, and then we can think better.... my experience tells you that doing it at once every day gives more trouble than added value.....