cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master data Hierarchie doubt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my company want to develop existing business content reports. i developed standard cubes for transaction data. now i have to load Master data. i selected some of the characters based on dimesnions of cubes as a master data (ex: 0MATERIAL).

I loaded attr and text for that object(0MATERAIL). NOW Come to Hierarchie i have following doubts

1. 0material info object is defaultly Hierarchie enable. is that mean it must maintain hierarchie?

2.if it must maintani hierarchie IN R/3 SIDE where i found the structure of Hierarchie?

3. is there any way to know that which objects they are maintaing hierarchie structure in our source system or flat file? whom i need to ask for structure?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nani,

Here you go....

1. 0material info object is defaultly Hierarchie enable. is that mean it must maintain hierarchie?

Not required. you can maintain material hierarchy only if required in the reports.

2. If it must maintani hierarchie IN R/3 SIDE where i found the structure of Hierarchie?

You can use 0MATERIAL_LPRH_HIER datasource for loading material hierarchy from R/3.

R/3 -

> RSA6 -
> LO ---> Logistics Master Data.

3. Is there any way to know that which objects they are maintaing hierarchie structure in our source system or flat file? whom i need to ask for structure?

You can ask MM functional consultant.

Hope it clarifies all your doubts....

Rafi

mathew_muthalaly
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just because 0MATERIAL is hierarchy enabled it is not required to load a hierarchy if it is not required to be used in reporting.

BR/

Mathew.