cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see ESS content with an end user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I try to see my ESS content with an end user, it is giving me the following error:

com.sap.xss.config.FPMConfigurationException: Read of object with ID portal_content/com.sap.pct/srvconfig/com.sap.pct.erp.srvconfig.ess.employee_self_service/com.sap.pct.erp.srvconfig.skills/com.sap.pct.erp.srvconfig.fpmapplications/com.sap.pct.erp.srvconfig.skillsapplication failed.

Part of the stack trace also says,

Caused by: com.sapportals.portal.pcd.gl.PermissionControlException: Access denied (Object(s): portal_content/com.sap.pct/srvconfig/com.sap.pct.erp.srvconfig.ess.employee_self_service/com.sap.pct.erp.srvconfig.skills/com.sap.pct.erp.srvconfig.fpmapplications/com.sap.pct.erp.srvconfig.skillsapplication)

It is coming for all the applications in ESS.

I think it is a permission issue, so i gave the end user permission to the user in the PCD as well in the directory where all my ess contents have been kept.But still it doesn't work.

And only when I assign the end user with Admin right, it works which should not be the case.

Kindly suggest a possible solution for this.Your efforts will be appreciated.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

It maybe related to security zone permission issue.

Did you refresh your brwoser after adding enduser?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/ee/acd8403e37762ae10000000a155106/content.htm

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi koti,

Thanks for your reply.

I've tried refreshing the browser as well as re-logging into the portal but none helps.And I've already assigned the end user read permission to the end user.

Looking for some more help.

Regards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please tell me how you fixed this problem?

Thankyou

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

Could please let me know , how you have solved this issue.

I am alos facing the same

" com.sap.xss.config.FPMConfigurationException: Read of object with ID portal_content/com.sap.pct/srvconfig/com.sap.pct.erp.srvconfig.ess.employee_self_service/com.sap.pct.erp.srvconfig.skills/com.sap.pct.erp.srvconfig.fpmapplications/com.sap.pct.erp.srvconfig.skillsapplication failed"

Thanks in advance

Seranjeeve