cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to identify ITS service is Flow Logic and WebRFC applications?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts.

we are upgrading ITS services from 4.6B to Ecc 6.0.

I have service files, templates ,Mimes on Standarad alone ITs system, these file are not there on the R/3 system .but still services are working fine, how?

How can Identify the ITS service is Flow Logic and WebRFC applications. since integrated ITS does not support Flow Logic and WebRFC applications. These must still be executed with a standalone ITS

What are the steps to be considered while upgrading ITS services?

Thanks

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edger,

In other service files ~xgateway paremeter is not maintained, its maintained only at Global .srvc file,

If it is flow logic based file,the entire migratiin scenarios is different to create program and genarate screen and so on ..

but now I'm following uploading templates from ITS server to new system , in my ITS server I have .html , >htrc files , based on this and Global .Srvc file can we say that it;s not a flow logic file ..

what I'm doing , every .Html file I'm upaloading as a template to into the service using siac_upload program , is ir the rigtht process ?Please give youe suggestion on this.

Thanks

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I think table name is IACS_C , as services are not maitained in the old system , I coud not seee any Zservices there in the table.

as you mentioned I looked in the global service file , tha pareameter are ..

~routestring

~messageserver

~logingroup

~systemname SP1

~appserver uapkb1d2

~systemnumber 50

~client 300

~login

~password EBUSNES3

~language

~timeout 5

~usertimeout 1

~theme 99

~runtimemode pm

~rfctimeout 10

~cookies 1

~multiinstanceservices 1

~urlarchive /scripts/sapawl.dll

~urlimage /sap/its/graphics

~urlmime /sap/its/mimes

~exiturl http://www.gesilicones.com

~clientcert 1

~hostunsecure buysilicones.com

~portunsecure 80

~hostsecure buysilicones.com

~portsecure 443

~xgateways sapdiag,sapxgwfc,sapxginet,sapxgbc

~xgateway sapdiag

~mySAPcomSSOnoITS 1

I see Edger;s thered regarding same issue like

The easiest way to see if any of your existing services on the Standalone ITS are using WebRFC, FlowLogic, or WebReporting is to look at the service files (.srvc files). The service files with the service parameter ~xgateway (NOT ~xgateways) set to sapxgwfc or sapxginet are the services that are using WebRFC, FlowLogin, or WebReporting.

in my glboal service file ~xgateway set to sapdiag,so service are not flow logic ot web rfc.

Ravi and Edger , please can u confim this ?

Thanks

Naveen

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen,

That is the general idea, but the ~xgateway service parameter can be used in any service file (.srvc), so it is important to check or search your entire service directory for ~xgateway and see what the value is.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

I am new to webRFC's. I am working on integrated ITS. I have developed a report and released that for Web (Txn : SMW0). Also i have created sub-element in SICF under sap/bc/webrfc using the same name as my report.

Now trying to execute that using URL: http://<system>:<port>/sap/bc/webrfc?_FUNCTION=WWW_GET_REPORT&_REPORT=mytest.

It is not working.

May i need to do anything else in order to execute this?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: Jyothi on Nov 5, 2008 2:44 PM

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jyothi,

Please make sure your system meets the requirements of note 979467 (SAPKB70010). Then please state what is not working, what is the error on the browser and what is the corresponding error in the workprocess developer trace (dev_w#). Please release and try with webrfc/!?_function=www_html_echo. Thanks.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

It is working fine. Thanks for the link given by you. I have checked the output with the Function Module www_html_echo. It is working. My webreport also working fine.

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I see in the service fies parameters.

~transaction ZVW00X10

~login1 V018696

~password1 vijaykk

~login ECOM00X10_EU

~H_POLE EU

that means it;s not a Flow logic or Web Rgs based service right ?

thanks

Naveen

former_member187668
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Naveen. When considering parameters you have to consider the global service file also. Parameters are maintained at a global level valid for all services and at a service level valid for that particular service.

Its better if you check the tables for these parameters rather than opening each service file. I didnt remember the table names but I guess you can do a simple research and find them.

Regards,

Ravikanth

former_member187668
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

The below links will provide information on migration to Integrated ITS.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/media/uuid/8eb7a774-0701-0010-beb5-c2245e173a...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/bd62e390-0201-0010-2bba-d0120ffa...

Incase of Standalone ITS all the files, templates, Mimes etc will reside on ITS. The directory structure will be like this:

ITS ServerSAPITS<ITS instance>

Standalone ITS gets data from R/3 and uses the templates (stored in the above file path) to display the web content.

Consider the below thread to find out the different types of services.

I used the Edgar's tip and identified the Services which are not supported in Integrated ITS. The following link will give you information on how to migrate these services:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/cd/8a424089ff2571e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards,

Ravikanth

Edited by: Ravikanth Tunuguntla on Sep 10, 2008 11:04 AM