Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import universe from BO 5.1 to BO XI R2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i'm beginner with BO, could anyone tell me if it is possible

to import some universe from BO 5.1 to BO XI R2?

what step i have to do?

thanx in advance,

Paolo.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paolo,

You can import all the BO 5.x universes to BO XIR2 environment using Import Wizard.

Click on Start>All Programs>BusinessObjects XI Release 2>BusinessObjects Enterprise>Import Wizard to start the Import Wizard tool.

In this wizard, you only have to select the Source environment as BusinessObjects Enterprise 5.x and provide authentication details and Destination Environment as BusinessObjects Enterprise XI Release 2.

The import wizard will prompt you for other options like universes, reports to be imported.

Please let me know if you are facing any difficulty while using import wizard.

Regards,

Arun Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx for your answer,

it's possible to import all type of universe or not?

for example, it's possible to import standard universe?

what about universe created on SAP BW Cubes, and then enriched with join with other tables?

regards,

Paolo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paolo,

Its possible to import universes created for SAP BW queries. Migration of these universes is only possible from BO 11.x environment to BO 12.x environment. BusinessObjects Integration Kit for SAP must be installed in order to use SAP BW Server as a data source from WebIntelligence, Crystal Reports,Desktop Intelligence and OLAPI products.

Please note that BOXIR2 deski reports does not support SAP BW universes. So after migration, there might be some issues.

Regards,

Arun Sasi