Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query assignment in Web template

bhat_vaidya2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was asked to add new query that I created to existing web template.

I have been able to Identify the web template that other queries are assigned to but don't know how to add my query to it.

for example

Template_ID=0ANALYSIS&Infocube=CCA&Query=cost_center

I would like to add my infocube and query (&Infocube=CCA&Query=cost_center) to the query template

Please tell me how I can manually maintain this in BI. I am using BI 7

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have to add your query, I suppose that you also have to add a table or a chart displaying the data.

Add a DataProvider first, assign it to the query, then add the display items, and assign these items to the dataprovider created previously.

bhat_vaidya2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your response but thats not what I am looking for. I can easily assign query to web template but what I am looking for is how to assign multiple queries to 1 web template.

our web report uses 1 particular template and all queries are assigned to this template.

what I am looking for is to manually assign multiple queries to a particular template.

I don't think it can be done in WAD

thanks

Edited by: Bhat Vaidya on Sep 10, 2008 11:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhat,

This is something that you need to do with table in WAD

Define a table and then drag the Web items(Table/Chart) to each cell of the table.You then assign one data Provider/Query to each web item

Here lets say If you have 3 Web items,You can assign 3 diffrent queries one to each web item and the result will be displayed in one web template

Former Member
0 Kudos

To run a query on the web using a particular template, just add the &TEMPLATE=your_template suffix in the URL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Look at maintenance view RSADMINCV27 / RSADMINCV21 /RSADMINCV11 and set various web templates for various scenarios .

These views are used to derive customized style sheet , web templates for all quries.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Mr Kapadia

bhat_vaidya2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

thats more like it. how do I maintain this template URL

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you maintain this setting in maintainenace view , system will consider it and generates URL accordingly.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Mr Kapadia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, the URL maintenance depends on the source: if you run it from the portal, you first add to publish the query to the portal. Just go in the portal after, and change the parameter of the URL, under "BEx Web Application Query String" Parameter.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhat,

When you drag any Web Item,you will see the New data provider option down the Web Template Layout

You double click it n in next screen you specify the Query and save it.

Later,Choose particular web item & in general Tab,you assign the data provider (Source)

Hope its clear