Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESTRICTION ON MB01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have a senario where I have created 2 activity groups Group A and Group B

I want group a to have T/code MB01 and only be able to do a 101 movement type and Group B to be able to do a only a 921 movement type.

I have gone on Expert mode on PFCG and have manually added the object M_MSEG_WWE so it allows me to restrict it by Activity and Movement Type.

I have generated the profile and it still alows both groups A & B to have access to practically all movement types.

Can anyone help please.

Many thanks ,...Bhav

4 REPLIES 4

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

first of all you have a type in your authorization. It should be M_MSEG_BWE. What type of activity did you enter for this authorization object? Are you sure that user does not have authorization for other movement types somewhere else? As you wrote you just added an authorization object to some role. First of all you should remove all authorizations related to the movement types and then you should just add authorization for your types. What values can you see in PFCG for authorization object M_MSEG_BWE in your modified role?

Also I think that this question is more suitable in Security forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moved to Security Forum...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Looks like you want to restrict the Movement types for Users.

Your Approach was correct only to the point of creating separate Activity Groups or Roles.

You have chosen the wrong Authorization object for restricting Movement type. You need to choose M_MSEG_BWE Authorization object.

Do the following changes under M_MSEG_BWE:

Activity Group A

M_MSEG_BWE

Activity - 01(create), 02 (Change), 03 (Display).....

Movement Type - 101

Activity Group B

M_MSEG_BWE

Activity - 01(create), 02 (Change), 03 (Display).........

Movement Type - 921

Also check and see if MB01 pulls in other Movement type Authorization objects, M_MSEG_BWA and M_SEG_BWF and repeat the above process in both Activity groups.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Kiran Kandepalli.

0 Kudos

M_MSEG_BWE

This object applies only to goods movements entered with reference to returns to suppliers and release from GR blocked stock.

Goods movements entered via menu option "Material document" (for example, cancel material document) are protected via a different object.

Check for Documentation under these objects.

M_MRES_BWA Reservations: Movement Type

M_MSEG_BMB Material Documents: Movement Type

M_MSEG_BWA Goods Movements: Movement Type

M_MSEG_BWE Goods Receipt for Purchase Order: Movement Type

M_MSEG_BWF Goods Receipt for Production Order: Movement Type

M_MSEG_LGO Goods Movements: Storage Location

Also look for Documentation under T-code SPRO - MM->Inventory Management and Physical Inventory->Authorization Mgmt-> Auth Chk for Storage Locations.

Gp.