cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PR-Rease strategy with classification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What are the steps Involved from shifting PR without classification to with classification?

Can we include the parameter # 1) Total value of requisition for overall release procedure 2) Plant 3) purchasing group 4) cost centre 5) Account assignment category in with classification startegy ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a class (CL02) and several characteristics (CT04). Then in SPRO, create the group, codes, indicators and strategies. Assign the class to the group. After having done that, you can assign values to the characteristics with tcode CL20N.

Regards,

MdZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently I am using the PR without classification strategy. Now I want to shift from PR without classification to with classification.Now how to proceed with classification startegy. What all the things I need to delete or follow the steps to shift from without to with classification.

And my next question is regarding the parameter which I mentioned above need to incorporate in line with classifcation startegy.

Thnx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The parameters are assigned in the characteristic. In here, you can use structure ceban to assign the fields/ parameters. Then, in CL20N, you put in the values for example for the plants, purchasing groups etc.

Switching should not be a problem.

Regards,

MdZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not asking the set up of release procedure.

I want to know that while shifting from PR- Release strategy without classification to with classification what are the steps invloved ? We can use one procedure at a time. There might be the sequence process for shifting without to with classification.

Next I want to know that as I will be using with classification so can I use 1) Total value of requisition for overall release procedure 2) Plant 3) purchasing group 4) cost centre 5) Account assignment category in with classification startegy at header level.

Thnx

AC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding shifting, not sure what the sequence is; I assume, delete the old and create the new one.

Regarding your characteristics; you can set release at header; i.e. all items in 1 go.

Regards,

MdZ

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you set up the release procedure with classification for purchase requisitions, the procedure without classification is deactivated. The two procedures are mutually exclusive (that is to say, you must decide in favor of one of them only - you cannot use both).

If you wish to set up both the overall release procedure and the item-wise procedure for requisitions, you must create one class for each procedure.

To set up a release procedure with classification, you must make a series of settings in Customizing. You must perform the following steps:

1. Create characteristics and classes

Note

If you wish to link your release procedure to workflow, you must perform steps 2 and 3. You make these settings in Customizing for Business Workflow (Basis -> Business Management).

Otherwise, continue with step 4.

2. Define organizational plan

3. Assign standard tasks and activate event-receiver linkage.

4. Set up release procedure with classification

a) Create release group

b) Create release code

c) Create release indicator

d) Create release strategy

Note

You need only carry out the following step if you wish to link your release procedure to workflow.

e) Assign release code to a release point

5. Check release strategies

And, regarding your 2nd query:

In communication structure CEBAN, you will find all the fields that can be used as characteristics for a release condition (e.g. MATKL for the material group and GSWRT for the value of the item).

Check which fields you wish to use as characteristics for your release strategy. To do so, choose Tools -> ABAP Workbench -> Development -> Dictionary, enter CEBAN in the Database table field, and choose Display.

Regards,

Narayana.