cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESOA changed to SOA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

currently I'm writing my diploma about ESOA. Today I visited the sdn.sap.com webpage and was wondering about the navigation. There, where a few days ago the ESOA-category could be found (I'm sure up to 99%), now the same category is named "Service-Oriented Architecture". Because of this I question myself if and why SAP gave up the label ESOA and now calls it simply SOA? And are there any newsposts or such things regarding to this? At least I can't find any..

I would be very happy about an answer to my Question.

P.S. Sorry about my broken english

Edited by: Marco Kröger on Sep 10, 2008 9:48 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

PritiSAC
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Marco,

This is correct, "E" or "Enterprise" will be removed from eSOA now and it will be hence forth referred as SOA.

However the existing contents or references to "ESOA" will not be changed specially in deliverables like Enterprise Services, Enterprise Service Repository ..; just that any new communications with respect to SAP messeging will happen using "SOA". This is applicable from September 2008 and the word "Enterprise" will be slowly phased out over time.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Darin-Paton
Participant
0 Kudos

To avoid SAP sounding proprietary u2013 in having another type of SOA u2013 it was decided to phase out the term "enterprise". Nevertheless SAP will continue to state with their offering and approach (e.g. enterprise services, enterprise service bundles, methodology guidelines) they provide an easier way to SOA...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answers! Because of my investigations about (e)SOA i can understand these arguments. I will note them down in my diploma.

Greetings, Marco