cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI LOGON

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I downloaded sapgui from the SDN-download site. I would like to practice and log on to the system for ABAP. The system is prompting me to put in the description and appl/message server name and currently am not working and don't have a config for logon with password. Is it possible to host the sapgui from your local computer and run it? what ashould I type for the log on prompts as I don't have any clue...I also read the documentation but it doesn't have any default settings for the user.Please somebody help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You will need to have an ABAP system present on your local machine, you can download the sneak preview edition on SDN. Install it, then in the sapgui, you can set up the logon.

In the application server field, enter "localhost". In the system id field, enter "NSP". In the System number fields, enter "00".

That's it, now you can log on to your ABAP engine.

I hope I understood the question.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

I couldn't get back to you earlier. I understood the problem and researched it through the sap forums and found the answer that 1.4.2_08 j2sesdk is reqd for this installation and I had JRE 2_10 with net beans. so I fixed the prob and it did begin a smooth installation until I hit a new road block- namely the XP sp2... I don't have it and I have several partitions on my computer with diff os and I lost my XP os cd and can't get the id and can't restore HID. so I'm back to square one and wondering if I should buy a new computer. This is more than you asked for ... hope this thread could help others...

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

So you don't have an XP os available to install to? What OS to you have. Not sure, but it may run on a win2k machine. I would be a shame to have to buy a new pc just to load an ABAP engine to. But if its worth it to you, then.......... If you do go that way, don't skimp on the memory.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

RiccardoEscher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If you want to save money, you might use the "Technology Preview SAP NetWeaver 04 - SAP Web Application Server on Linux" located here:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/library/uuid/42dbc4a9-0401-0010-5091-c680531e23d5

The also needed SAP java gui for linux might be found here:

ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/sapgui/java/640r6/