cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts

I am working on LINUX OS.Here I am facing the problem when i am creating Zsmartform my system is giving message as "CURRENT COMPUTER ARCHITECTURE WILL NOT SUPPORT".And the remaining things are working properly.I am facing problem when I am creating Zsmartforms and Graphical painter.

Plz how can i resolve this issue.I have to use LINUX OS only.

I am using JAVA GUI on linux os.

PLZ provide me with ur valuable inputs.

Helpfull answers will be rewarde.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure why you posting a Linux based question on a Windows forum but Smart Forms are not supported with the Java SAPGui, you have to use the Windows based SAPgui. This is because the application uses ActiveX controls and there is no Java Beans equivalent. See note 736147 for further information.

I also use Linux but for certain cases such as above I run Virtualbox (http://www.virtualbox.org/) which I have a Windows virtual machine running the Windows SAPgui. The Windows XP VM runs quite happily with just 512MB memory so it's suitable to use on my laptop.

Regards,

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Nelis,

sorry for posting dat thread in SAP on windows.Actually i placed dat question in LInux forum but not clear till now.Here i am in troble ki I should have to work only on LINUX OS.Dats y to get the possible solutions from from Windows forum i posted.Sorry for that.

plz let me know with some settings in LINUX can we do smart forms.Is there any possibility to do that?

thank u.

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

plz let me know with some settings in LINUX can we do smart forms.Is there any possibility to do that?

Sorry, there is NO way other than to use the Windows SAPgui. You can use a Windows virtual machine as I mentioned above running the Windows SAPgui, that will work fine.

Nelis