cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reapply import orders after client copy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP guys,

We refresh one client of our preproduction server each week by an export/import of our production client.

After that refresh done by a SAP_ALL copy profile, we reapply some transport orders.

My question is the following : do we have to reapply the workbench and the customizing orders ?

I think only the customizing are necesary but the person responsible of that ask us to reapply all.

I am not sure of his skill in SAP transports.

Could you please give me your opinion ?

Many thanks,

Stéphan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stéphan

Could give more details about your landscape ?

Especially, are you source and target client on the same landscape ? That means does TMS provide same transports (and trasnport sequence) from devlopment system to both production system. If yes, ther is no need to apply workench requests. If not, you need it.

Keep in mind workbench requests also include Cross-Client customizing and if in next operation you would like to include cross client customizing objects (not included in SAP_ALL profile), you will have to apply workbench request in order to synchronise "Cross client customzing"

Regards

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your responses, but I think you did not understand really my problem.

It is a normal thing to reapply orders to continue the development tests after the client copy. We are all ok for this point.

My problem is to understand why they ask us to reapply the workbench orders ? Because the SAP_ALL client copy profile does not erase our cross client parameters/programs and others...

Don't you think only customizing orders should be transported ?

Stéphan

manu_susankar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stéphan

Did you check the transport which are asked to move again ... are they already moved to production? Some times if the want to still test the transports they will ask basis team to move them again after refresh(as the system is copied form production, obviously these changes will not available after refresh). There could be many reasons better you check with the functional people for more clarity Stephen.

Regards,

S.Manu.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

I don't think anyone can guide you on the order in which you must apply transport requests in your system.

As a general rule, to avoid any inconsistencies due to dependent objects, you must apply in the same sequence as they were released/created.

Regards,

Siddhesh