Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How ro differentiate between new and updated record.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a scenario where an IDoc is triggered when there is any change the data on SAP side. This IDoc provides the changed data to XI. So the IDoc can be triggered if a new record is created as well as if an existing record is update. We are not able to distinguish between these two type of data. Is there any way to distinguish between new and updated record from the IDoc? I am using INVOIC02.

regards

Biranchi

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In the IDoc Type INVOIC02, we have a Segment called E1EDK02 which has a field QUALF which will contain the Value ORI if it is a NEW document and CHA if it is a Changed Document.

So, build your logic to check based on the QUALF field Value.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat Phani Prasad Konduri

0 Kudos

Hi

Thanx for the reply.. I am using also CREMAS04, GLMAST01, FIPARQ01 and PEXR2001 also in different scenarios... Do this IDoc have also similar type of field for distinguishing between new and updated record???

regards,

Biranchi

0 Kudos

Hello,

What you can do is, go to the Transaction WE60 (IDoc Type Documentation) and check the Structures of the IDoc Types that you've mentioned. Check if there is any field in any Segment which holds the ORI or CHA information or similar information. I've checked for CREMAS04 but there seems to be no field for the same. Explore all the IDoc types you've specified in WE60 and you should be able to find similar fields.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat Phani Prasad Konduri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all ur reply...got a solution for solving this problem...