cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qualitative MIC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hv created insp lot. (89type) with Ql. Type MIC.

During result recording I am expecting drop down option like No valuation, Accepted, Rejected, Failed

If the sample Qty is 1 then I canu2019t see the the above option.

If the sample qty is more than 1 then above options r available

I wish to kno why these option r not appearing for sample Qty 1 & can we change these option by customization etc

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You must assign a selected set to qualitative characteristics. You can do this when you create the master inspection characteristic. You should be able to go back in and add a selected set.

Craig

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

i understand that i should first create Sel. set as per my requirement, same should be attached in MIC then only i can see required codes during Result recording.

if my understanding is correct then problem is solved.

but still i am not understanding why in standard, SAP will behave differently for sample Qty. 1 as compaired to multiple samples. bcoz for multiple samples i can see standard 4 options (codes) during result recording.

thax.

Ajay.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

You are geting only one option to write your result for qualitative MIC, you want options as per your sampling procedure. Is this your your problem,If i am getting correctly?

Then pl check if you have checked summarized recording in MIC control indicator. If you have checked that, then you will get only one option, make it as Single Result.

Regards,

Neeraj

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It sounds to me like you are confusing the valuation of the characteristic/sample with the result. These are two different things.

You might take 4 samples and record 3 codes of say CLEAR and one code of CLOUDY. 3 passes and 1 reject.

So.. now do you pass the test or fail it? It depends on the business and the product. If all 4 results were CLEAR, the system can obviously choose Accept. Now if you want, you can set it up so that any one bad result results in a rejected valuation. Or if you have manual valuation set up, the user has to decide.

The selected sets are the actual test results. Valuation has to do with if the product passes/fails that test.

Its the assingend sampling procedure and valuation (aloong with some control indicators) that determine how the valuation of the overall test is done.

Craig