cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to disable mail confirmation on watches ??

former_member186143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

every time I reply to a question there is a checkbox that I want to receive mail when changes occur.

I believe I never had this before and it happens since a few months now ?

how can I disable the checkbox permantly ??

I can't find it anywhere in the settings that I can check out this option

kind regards

arthur de smidt

Edited by: A. de Smidt on Sep 10, 2008 8:55 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Goto "Your Control Panel" then "Your Watches", there is an option to "always watch threads that I reply to", this should be set to "no".

Also, delete all unwanted threads from your watch list.

Thomas

former_member186143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but I want to have them in my watchlist only I don't want an email every time a change is made, I look quite often on sdn myself to see if anything is changed which is shown by the grey or orange icons.

kind regards

arthur de smidt

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alrighty, then uncheck the boxes in column "Email". I think you have to do it for each new one, I don't know of an option to disable that automatically .

Check the boxes in column "Save", if you want to keep your watches even after 90 days of inactivity. I

Thomas

former_member186143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yep that's my problem, quite annoying if you try to help someone out that I don't have to forget to check out the mail otherwise my mailbox wil flood with every reply made to a question.

perhaps stop answering questions of others is also an idea

or use my spam mailadres instead of my real mailadress.

kind regards

árthur

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My personal approach is to only watch (and save) threads that have a very good technical/informational content, and use a list of my posts from the last 7 days to follow up on recent discussions:

[Here is this list for your User ID|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/directforumsearch?daterange=last7days&userid=3184346&numresults=100&rankby=9&start=0]

Cheers

Thomas

former_member186143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but in this list you don't see if there are new messages in the topic since the last time you visited. something you can see in the watches list ..

kind regards

arthur de smidt

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well, to sum things up, what you're looking for is not available yet, mabye a an SCN insider can take over now.

former_member186143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

at least thanks for you're answers and hopefully someone of sdn can help me out with this annoying thing.

kind regards

arthur de smidt

former_member186143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

don't know which forbidden words I used in my answer but I don't have the time to find that out and the forum quidelines also don't tell me which words were wrong

kind regards

arthur de smidt

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arthur (and many thanks Thomas for your responses),

Although transparency is our goal in community activity, I think the forbidden words were "hidden" to discourage people from using work arounds to force the system to accept their misbehavior.

Perhaps we should re-evaluate this policy.

As for the enhancement to the mail watches, lets try to summarize the way you would like to see this work (as opposed to the way it works). Then we can discuss and perhaps even request changes. To be fair, many requests are made and only a certain percentage implemented but I'd like to hear more input from you.

thanks,

Marilyn

former_member186143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ok thanks for the answer, here a try

- When I post a question it is likely that I want to receive an email if someone replied since I'm urgently waiting for an answer

- When I want to help out others I don't want to receive an email about this, I can see in the watches if there is some change anyway when I check SDN.

it would be nice if you could make a setting in which scenario you want to receive email or not.

now if I answer a question from someone else I have better not to forget to go to the watches ASAP and check out notificication. otherwise I have 10 emails in the next hour or so

(and when I post questions I hardly get any reply at all lately so I can handle those few emails )

kind regards

arthur de smidt