cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling a material master data change with future date -cost prod.estim.

0 Kudos

Hi all,

we are using 4.7 release.

I would like to know if the changes on material master data I schedule for a future date MM11 could be taken into account when we run the product cost calculation (CK11n or CK40n) for a future date.

What I espect is that the procurement type is not the current one but the one scheduled in the future.

How we have to set the customizing the controlling settings in order to get the changes scheudled in the future?

Thanks in advance for your helpful answer

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I had the same problem and here is the answer that I get from SAP :

Unfortunately costing does not pick up material changes that are only

scheduled. They effect only the material master. Other transactions,

such as costing, read the information stored in the database which has

not yet been changed.

The transaction MM12 works not in a way you expected. There is no time

dependence on other transactions. So this transaction is written for

material master updates in the future. That means you can make changes

on a material today and activate these changes in the future. This will

only take effect on the material master. All other transactions will usethe database values of the material and that means if you use

transaction MM12 to modify the material, the system will use the new

value after the activation of this change and no time before.

In short, the (MM)schedule transaction updates a different set of

tables, it does not update the Material Master, from where ck11n

reads its data.

I hope that It can help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrea,

If your requirement is that from sometime in future you want to buy the material you are currently making then use the field 'Special Procurement costing' on Costing 1 tab. This will override the MRP tab settings during costing. This way your manufacturing process will not be affected and your costing run will also be correct.

Please also check the 'Strategy Sequence' of the valuation variant you are using and see if you have strategy 'L' as one selected.

Hope this helps.

Sanjay Wagh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Andrea, The selected strategy in the Valuation Variant decides in the locating the price of the material in the material master of the Raw Material. Hence, I am of the view that the future changes in the procurement type in the material master do not affect the Cost estimate. As such, there is no need to worry about this. If you or others feel it is other way round. Let me know. Trust this helps much! Regards, Ashok SINGH

0 Kudos

Dear Ashok,

we would like cost calculation takes into account the changes scheduled for the future in material master data because it will be a cost calculation relevant for next year.

So we expect that the change of procurement type scheduled for the future could be considered in costing .

We verified already that the changes on Boms and Routings scheduled for a future date it is considered in cost estimation while the changes on material master data aren't considered .

Let me know please

Regards

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Andrea, As per as material is concerned, only price is taken from the material master as per the priority, may be price based on price control. If that is the case, when there is change in procurement type from external procurement to in house production. This will definitely have effect on the cost estimate. If your priority is other than this, there shall be no difference. Let me know what is the priority selected in your valuation variant. you are right that only future changes to BOM are being considered for costing and it is no in the case of future changes to Material master. If you are very much particular about this requirement, we need to look for user exit. Trust this helps much! Regards, Ashok SINGH

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Andrea,

I could not understand your requirement properly,can you please clearly explain what's your exact

requirement?

If you have scheduled a Change in the material master which's valid from say 20.09.2008 and

suppose if you have taken the costing Date,Quantity structure date,Valuation date as after 21.09.2008 all

the changes will be effective.But the procurement type is not going to make any difference.

Please check and come back with your further queries if any.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

0 Kudos

Dear Mangalrai,

the change of material master data consists of a change in procurement type : for example from E to F and this change brings a benefit in terms of cost because, just following the example, the purchasing price is lower than cost of production if we realize it internally.

So the current procurement type is E in-house production and we want to change the procurement type with F starting from 01.01.2009. Our aim is that when we run cost calculation the system takes into account the purchaisng info-record assigned for that date and not the price rate of production labour activity ( which is the current data)

Actually when we run the cost calculation for a future date even if we scheduled this change with MM12 we don't have any effect on cost calculation because the system takes into account the current procurement type and not the future one .

Regards

Andrea

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Andrea,

With procurement type ,valuation class also plays a vital role during Costing part.

Once if your procurement type is changing from E to F,then means valuation class also get's changed sue

to the price difference.

If your master data's are correct then the system picks a valid BOM & routing (Labour activity ) for the

procurement type E.

Regards

Mangalraj.S