Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg : Error in flat file in BDC

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends...

let consider 10 records in my flat file...

suppose 5th record is error means

In BDC Session method, what happen records before and after the error record, its get update or not ? like

In BDC Call Transaction method, what happen records before and after the error record, its get update or not ?

please give me some detail...

Regards

Selva

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.In session method it will process all record exept error one

2. In call transaction program process record one by one so there is no issue that it will process further or not. It will be depent on your code that you want to process further record after error or not. You can get error messages into bdc_msgcol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In call transaction method you will have an option of Displaying No screens, all screens and Error screens,

If you select No screens all other records except error records will be process and messages will be collected by an internal table of type bdcmsgcoll.

In all screens you need to process each screen manually yourself by selecting the OK code. It is kinda like debugging. So when you encounter the error screen you can change the error data and proceed.

When you select error screens it will stop when the error occurs. So you need to correct the error and continue with the further processing.

Regards,

Pramod

Mohamed_Mukhtar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi ,

"In BDC Sessions Method ,
 the error records are not updated , but they are moved to the error logs..
"These error logs can be seen in Tcode SM35.

"In Call Transaction Technique , 
We have to do error handling explicitly to avoid these error records entering into SAP R/3,
If u dont do the error handling explictly , the records may go into transaction , but  they are not updated into their
respective tables, the system will throw an error message.,,

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

All the records will be updated except the error one in both methods.

1. In session method the error details will be found in the error Log once u process the session in SM35 transaction.

2. IN Call transaction you need to handle the error message explicitly by using the structure BDCMSGCOLL in your program .

Hope this suffice. Plz let me know if u have any doubts.

0 Kudos

hi ganguly

thanks for ur input...

i know in session no need to handle error message but in call transaction we have to handle...

and in session method all records get updated (maybe before or after the error records) except error.

but in call trnsaction in some case

1. records before the error records get update and stop at error record

2. records before and after the error records get update..

i want to know in which cases it function as first one and function like second one

Regards

Selva

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved