Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package not reserved for DC error.

former_member192818
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

I am building the application from the Java DC Explorer, and I get this warning.

Jan 26, 2006 7:46:33 PM /userOut/Development Component (com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.listener.DevConfListener) [Thread[ModalContext,5,main]] WARNING: test/tax/calc: built with warnings example.org/test/tax/calc(example.org_APPLICATION_1) in variant "default" (3.531 sec) :

Package org.example is not reserved for DC : test/tax/calc.

I dont mind so much the warning, however, when I try to import this DC into another DC, I am not able to see any of the files I added to the public part of this DC.

I believe the problem is with the above warning.

One thing is that in the Namespace definition procedure as mentioned in the webpage ,

1.      On the home page of the name server (use Home to access it), choose Development ® Name Reservation ® Define Namespace Prefix.

2.      On the Define Namespace Prefix page, specify the name category and the namespace prefix and then choose Create.

You can use a reserved namespace prefix for all object name types in parallel. Register the prefixes for different name categories as follows:

¡        By convention: <reserved-prefix>

Enter the NetWeaver namespace prefix reserved on SAP Service Marketplace here (without any slashes).

¡        Design Time Package: Follows the syntax of the programming language. For instance, Java package names use reversed internet domain names like com.company.project.*.

¡        Development Component: <vendor>/<reserved-prefix>*, whereas the slash / is used as separator of name segments.

3.      For this tutorial, reserve only the Name Category Development Component Name. Specify the following entry: example.org/appl

When I define the name space prefix like mentioned in the procedure on the web page I do not see a place for the Design time package to be specified.

I know I have to define the org.example.tax somewhere for it to be publicly available somewhere.

Also, I have not registered my namespace prefix as the note SAP Note 710315 suggests. Is this an issue?

Any hints.

Thank You.

Sumit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

the warning and your problem that you don´t see the PP are not related to each other.

The warning just says that you didn´t reserve the namespace for that design time package. Namespaces for design time package are not automatically registered at NRS. This has to be done from NWDS (DC Meta Data --> DC Definition --> Package Names --> Build" from the projects context menu. The menu items "Build" or "Rebuild Project" are not sufficient.

Regards

Helmut

former_member192818
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Helmut,

I fully intend to reply to your message. My computer on which I am working on has been hit by a virus and am dealing with it. Soon.

Thank you for all your help.

Sumit.

former_member192818
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Helmut,

Finally had the virus issue resolved.

Thanks for the quick answers, and sorry for the late response.

Is there any reason why the Name space reservation in

"The warning just says that you didn´t reserve the namespace for that design time package. Namespaces for design time package are not automatically registered at NRS. This has to be done from NWDS (DC Meta Data --> DC Definition --> Package Names --> )"

would be greyed out (disabled)?

Regards

Sumit

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hy Sumit,

yes there is a reason for that. You probably haven´t defined a name reservation server in your SLD.

This can be done in "Technical Landscape" --> System Landscape Directory. Here you have to select the checkbox "Name Server".

You than have to change your track in CMS Web UI so that new development configurations are generated.

If you´re using the name reservation service you also have to define namespace prefixes. I think this is all described in Tutorial 2+ at http://help.sap.com

Regards

Helmut

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found this thread very helpful.

One other reason the <i>Name Reservation -></i> option in the context menu might be greyed out is that you're not currently logged on to the DTR!

former_member192818
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Randy,

That was actually the case.

Thank You.

Sumit.

Answers (0)