cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about Engeering Change Management (LO-ECH) record the change profile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear supporter:

i want to record the configruation profile of material using Engeering Change Mangement (LO-ECH), but i donn't know how to set it .please help me .

best regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Enda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Wang ,

To record the configurarion profile for a material using change numbers first creating a

configurable material in mm01

Next you could create a change numebr in CC01 and use the option " without release key"and

select the object types like material , Characteristics of Class , Characteristic , Classification and

especially Configuration Profile and save

If you now go to CU41 or CU42 and enter in your material and the change number created

you should now be able to record it ok with ECH

Please let me know if that helps or if ive misunderstood your question

Thanks

Enda.

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear Enda:

thanks for your reply,i created a change numebr in CC01 according to your explain.but i enter the changed number ,error log is generated as followed:

System status: ECR is not yet approved

Message no. CC 190

Diagnosis

You want to process an object (for example, BOM or document) with reference to the change number of an ECR.

please help me analyse it .

Enda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Wang ,

For the change number you created please go to CC02 and on the change header screen

press the "set status" button beside the system status field then select the option 'Check Request'

The next step is to go to the object involved that you are trying to change - for example if you

are changing a BOM then got to the button Objects and select the object

When your in the ' Change Engineering request : Material BOM : details screen its the same

process again > Select the Set Status Button and then the flag for 'Change Possible'

This allows the Object to be allowed changed with the change number.

The next step is to convert the ECR to an ECO so you can use it to change the BOM in CS01 or CS02

Go to CC02 again for the change number and in the set status window set the flag for 'Request Checked '

then 'Approve Request - ' Convert Request'

Then you specify a valid from date for the change number that the changes will take effect now .

Now you have an ECO - > Engineering change order and hopefully when you go to change a bom

now you shouldnt receieve the error System status: ECR is not yet approved

Thanks

Enda.

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear supporter:

thanks for your detailed explain.according to your reply ,first i set the status :Check Request and i select the Okay botton,then i select the Object :material bom and i want to set the staus to "change possible",but i cann't find the botton "change possible and i cann't select the another botton ,system inform me :select the valid founction ,then sytstem still donn't permit me use the change number,"System status: ECR is not yet approved"

best regards.