cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue while posting the invoice in background using the WF-BATCH user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am facing an issue while posting the invoice in background using the WF-BATCH user. I am using a invoice approval workflow where in when the approver approvers the invoice the invoice document get posted using a background method, which uses BO FIPP and Method POST and i am returning the Message Text to my workflow container from this method. When i see the log an exception is rasied from this method with an error message "V004: You are not authorized to change this document", but WF-BATCH is having SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW authorizations. If i try to post the invoice using the method from my user id it is getting posted. What could be the issue. Please advice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

You simulate similar scenario in quality with a foreground user having the same authorization of wf_batch.

Ask ur BASIS admin guy to create a test user similar to wf_batch in quality. Hence check the same scenario in fore ground.

Regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it happening for all the Instances. I think since you have given all the authorization this might not be a problem. Please try to restart the Workflow that has this exception and I hope this will be removed.

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arghadip,

As you said since WF-BATCH will be having SAP_ALL authorization it should be able to post. Btw what do you mean by Restart, do I need to reactivate the work flow. Please clarify.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can just Restart the Workflow if it is going into error from SWPR transaction code or you can just for test case yoiu can retrigger it from SWUS.

I think it will work now.

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arghadip,

I have handled the exception inside my workflow by sending a notification to the creator stating that there is an error while posting.

So the workflow is not in Error state its Completed. But i need to resolve this issue. what are the other things i can check for. Please advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check the ST22 for any dumps ?

Also, i'd suggest, to ask your security to trace the user WF-BATCH and the user for which its working, while you are using the background method and that iwll give what is going wrong with WF-BATCH.

Hope this helps

venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Thanks for all your replies. The issue was with a custom Enhancement which I was not aware of . But since the error was with

authorization i thought its due to WF-BATCH, but the error message was thrown from that enhancement.

narin_nandivada3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sapient,

The Parameter, Roles would be different for the LOGIN USER and WF-BATCH.. So ask your administrator

to set the Roles & Parameters similar to that of LOGIN USER to WF-BATCH.

For further refrence check in SU01 giving the LOGIN USER and then check with WF-BATCH... you would

find the difference...

Hope this would help you..

Good luck

Narin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sapient,

If this that is case, check your Roles and authorization object is in su01 and check that roles and authorization are available to wf_batch.

Because, for invoice posting i belive there is some special authorization profiles will be maintained.

if you have authorization for su01, ask your basis to check for the same.

Thanks and Regards

Balaji K.