cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scema Creation in Oracle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to create an schema in an existing Oracle Database which has been installed for SAP Enterprise Portal.

Can you explain me how to accomplish this? Please explain step by step procedure.

Can any one tell me is this the right way for keeping application data in a Oracle Schema or I need to have an separate Oracle Installed for this?Please explain.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Karthick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

In Oracle's terminology: schema is the collection of the objects owned by one user.

You have to use the procedure "create user"

The description you can read at

10gr2:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14200/statements_8003.htm#sthref8208

9i:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96540/statements_84a.htm#2065280

#sqlplus "/as sysdba"

SQL>create user myschemauser udentified by mypass default tablespace mydata temporary tablespace temp;

Don't forget to grant necessary roles to new user after one created.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created Separate schema in Oracle for storing aplication data.Issue resolved.Thank you everyone.

BAJAJ-DXC
Explorer
0 Kudos

how to point the changes in development to newly created schema in production?

I am unable to create a datasource in JDBC provider.

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'll not enter on the creation issue, but I'd like to ask "why"?

The reason is that, in general

-> you could be violating the oracle licence if you got the oracle software from SAP

see note 592393 point 23 or note 581312 - Oracle database: licensing restrictions

-> usually, if you need to create a new schema to install a "new" tool, then the new tool has the instructions to do so

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Fidel,

We are using Oracle Software through SAP J2EE application software (SAP Enterprise Portal) itself.

So there is no licensing issue here.

We have planned to create a separate SID for storing application tables.

The SAP DB/Schema will not be disturbed and we will create a separate SID as mentioned above.

Is it the right way of doing this?Please explain?

Regards,

Karthick Eswaran

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good to know that there are no licensing issues

> We have planned to create a separate SID for storing application tables.

why create a different schema?

It is technically possible, but then you must "remember" to provide authorizations to the "SAP" schema to be able to read those new tables from the newdifferent schema.

Wouldn't be easy to "follow the normal SAP procedure"?

That is, customer objects are created in the customer namespace, lets say Z<object_name> or Y<object_name>

That would cause less administration "issues"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you don't need a separate Oracle database instance, though I would recommend to create one.

I would not mix own application and SAP schemas in one instance - think of side effects

on each of the components.

With DBCONNECT from the SAP site you can access this remote database.

For starting with Oracle I would follow their documentation:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/database.html

In general you create not a schema in Oracle but a user account.

Under this user account his/her objects (tables, indexes, views ...). are placed when you create them.

Bye

yk