cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prefix number: entry missing for system TST client

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have recently come across this error message in our PI - QA system, I have checked RFC connectivity and confirmed everything should be working. The error is stopping inbound queue's from R3 in our PI - QA system and I have no clue as to where things are going wrong, the IDOCS appear completely success from a ECC perspective but PI doesnt like them ....

Things that have happened recently that may be effecting this situation

1. Production refresh back onto our R3-tst system (partner profiles, rfc have been fixed)

2. SLD maintenance has occured for the QA landscape.

any help would be greatly appreciated ...

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are getting this Error While doing SXI_CACHE means

Double click on that Error which shows you on the taskbar when u execute sxi_cache.

There it will show you the table name to maintain the prefix number.

Click on that, it will lead you to SPRO setttings.

Execute that and make another enrty with xxx client and save it

REgards

Seshagiri

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the solution....

It turns out there was a workflow issue but it did not show itself until compiling the procedure.

It is the first time I have used BPM and the initial implementation was done by someone else with no mention of this area in the ABAP stack.

I found this trans# SWF_XI_CUSTOMIZING, which made it immediately obvious that something was going on, after a comparision between the DEV system and the QA system I figured out it was missing for one of the client. I then used the Perform Automatic workflow customizing and it changed the prefixes to a green and tick and added the entry I needed ... thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well since I hit "Perform Automatic workflow customizing", a prefix number was assigned and the cache is updated successfully. We had this problem only when we transported an interface containing BPM.

But this was a production system. I read that the prefix number is not required for production environnement. Someone can explain this?

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Can you plz post the error which you are getting in PI?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the error MSG in the smq2

"Prefix number: entry missing for system XITST client"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check SXI_CACHE Once and see whther the Mentioned error u r getting or not.....

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are no errors in SXI_CACHE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even though you are getting the error in SMQ2 also, please follow the steps which i have mentioned in the above to solve

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>If you are getting this Error While doing SXI_CACHE means

>>Double click on that Error which shows you on the taskbar when u execute sxi_cache.

>>There it will show you the table name to maintain the prefix number.

>>Click on that, it will lead you to SPRO setttings.

>>Execute that and make another enrty with xxx client and save it

>>

Im not sure I can follow this procedure as I do not have any error in SXI_CACHE and the link refers to workflows, which unless I am completely mistaken has no bearing on this particular error. It could just be I am completely missing the point, but I have already come across that particular link several times before and it does not seem to reference the issue I am having.