Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REG : f4 help in alv grids

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii all,

i have a z table and i have added asearch help to one of the fileds. i have used that field in alv grid, so the F4 help in the column i want is comming properly. But the problem is that all the values are comming..and i am unable to restrict the values when i prsee F4. I want values, depending on a condition only othe values are not requried.

help me solving it.

with regards,

sandeep akella.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

the problem is in tyour searchh help

ccheck your search help there is an option of getting values with restriction.

get back to me if unsolved,

regards,

kushagra

0 Kudos

hello,

I have tried by changing the dialogue type from display values immediately to dialogue value with restriction , but my req is i want the values i want directly as like in dialogue type display values immediately. I cant cahnge the domain as i have used a sap standard one.

help me in solving it.

with regards,

sandeep akella.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Are you using ALV-OOPS or is it normal Classical ALV Grid?

If it is classes you can acheive it easily, by calling the F4 help Function module in F4 EVENT of class CL_GUI_ALV_GRID.

If it is REUSE_ALV, then i think you need to create search help with those conditions based on whcih you want to restrict the values for F4.

Best Regards,

Ram.

0 Kudos

hello ,

I am using reuse_alv so how can i solve it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plz refer links-

Regards,

Aparna Gaikwad

Former Member
0 Kudos

nil