cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS to Mobile using sap XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

To send the sms to the mob.I wanted my basis people to maintain the Mobno in Tcodesu01,and to configure pager fax mob services in Tcode Scot.

For this, my basis team replied as below.

Fax for alerts is not a usual choice. Fax interface is very dependent on the fax bolt-on and is not configured.

For cell phones, we do not have software to dial the number and read messages. However, most cell phones have a SMTP address. You can just send short messages to any SMTP address out of the SAP system. This may be sufficient for what you are trying to do.

How to send SMS to the mob in the way my basis is mentioning.

Thanks,

Srinivasa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to RWB->Alert Inbox->Personalize->Check SMS,

Go to SU01->UserId->Change->Give mobile number & Fax Number in Communication Area

G to SCOT -> Check weather SMS/Pager/Fax is configured or not

( It need to be Configured , Otherwise there is no medum to send the alerts to mobile,page,FaX ( Manditory))

Check out SAP Connect (SCOT).

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_me21sp2/helpdata/en/2b/d927734b8a11d1894c0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

SAPconnect provides a standard interface for external communication, which supports sending with telecommunication services, such as FAX, text message (pager/SMS), Internet mail, and X.400, as well as sending to printers and between different SAP systems. It enables external communication components to be connected to the SAP system.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b6d59590-0201-0010-5f9d-adb9f6b1...

Fax for alerts is not a usual choice. Fax interface is very dependent on the fax bolt-on and is not configured.

For cell phones, we do not have software to dial the number and read messages. However, most cell phones have a SMTP address. You can just send short messages to any SMTP address out of the SAP system. This may be sufficient for what you are trying to do.

U need to purchase the SMTP protocol from any one of teh subscriber otherwise u cannot create a node in SCOT and Configure.

Plz check with u r basis & u r management.

Regards,

Jayasimha Jangam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can send SMS to any mobile using a webservice call implemented in your SAP XI scenario.

You can download the wsdl code for sending the sms using the website webservicex.net.

Use this wsdl in your external definitions as the data which will be sent to the webservice using sap xi in file format.