cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventroy tracking in import process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Materail (stock) as well as container (no of containers with container no) tracking is required at various places during import.

Ex- 1. stock of mat and containers at port 2. stock of mat and containers at shipping line yard 3. stock of mat and containers at our ware house 4.stock of mat and containers at plant (where actual GRN takes place). This is needed to client since they are importing thousands of containers per month.

Any solution will be highly appriciated and fully rewarded.

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a separate Plant as Import Plant apart from the Main plant and under this Import Plant create following storage locations (In OX09);

1. Port Area

2. Shipping Line Yard

3. Warehouse

Whenever there is an import Purchase, create PO in the Import Plant and do GR in Import Plant under Storage Location "Port Area" when Materials and Containers are received in Port (In MIGO)

When Materials & Containers are in Shipping Line Yard, then do stock transfer from "Port Area" Storage Location to "Shipping Line Yard" Storage Location using movement type 311 in Import Plant (In MIGO)

When Materials & Containers are in Warehouse, then do stock transfer from "Shipping Line Yard" Storage Location to "Warehouse" Storage Location using movement type 311 in Import Plant

And finally when Materials & Containers have reached to the Main Plant then create a Stock Transport Order in the Main Plant and keep Supplying Plant as Import Plant and do GR w.r.t. this STO in Main Plant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

I compeletly agree with you and which was my last option. Here what is the necessity of creating a separate plant. Also there are no documents required between my warehouse and plant in STO. So i feel there is no need of saparete plant. Also let me know what are the implications when we do GRN in port with excise effects (we are 100% EOU). Can our requirement be fullfilled with inbound delivery?

rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any more thoughts plz,,,,,,,,,,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

transportation module is hepful for ur requirement.

regards

venga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venga,

If you know the process please let me know how will you do in traportation module. I dont know weather it is in our scope or not? Also let me know weather its critical or easy to do in transportation.

rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

in import , from port of despatch to the port of destination we can track the material movements through transportation module.

form warehouse to plant we can track normally through MIGO with movement type 103 and 105 or any other Z-movement type.

but this is bit complicate

regards

venga

Edited by: vengaladasu on Sep 10, 2008 12:32 PM