cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technologies related to Sap MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks

I need a suggestion from an experienced guy.

Right now am with Sap MDM technology since 9 months...earlier am in Java

As i want to continue my carrer in SAP.and i feel just a plain MDM is not suffient..as i dont find any requirement on only MDM

Can anyone suggest me what other technologies to be learnt in relative with MDM such that i can get good carreer in Sap.

Points will be given to each suggestion.

Thanks & regards

Lakshmi

Edited by: Nagalakshmi Tirumanisetti on Sep 10, 2008 7:29 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagalakshmi,

Its good if u hv XI or EP knowledge.

MDM & XI or MDM & EP is a good combination.

Thanks,

Mahi

Former Member
0 Kudos

can anyone suggest me a gud institute for EP in Hyderabad.where the fee is feasable.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagalakshmi ,

In a Technolgy like MDM it is very essential to be Technofunctional rather than just technical

It is definitely very helpful and useful to have knowledge of all the netweaver components that integrate with MDM ,but it is even more important to have a sound knowledge on the functional side of mdm like

Material Functional

Customer Functional

Vendor Functional etc

Data related activities like data migartion

Taking up a course or certification on these topics will be time consuming as well as expensive.

And a in depth knowledge o these topics is also difficult to attain and not needed as well.So i basic but clear idea in theses areas will be defnitely fruitful.

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmi,

If you are planning to move your career in MDM only then it would be nice if you know the technologies which can be integrated or related to MDM like EP, BW etc. But I know it would be very difficult to learn all the technologies hence according to my point of view one should be good in one or two like MDM-EP or MDM-BW but also know the basics of other technologies as well.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer the link below:

Link:[Carrier in MDM|http://www.jonerp.com/component/option,com_mojo/Itemid,57/p,40/]

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rashmi Jadhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nagalakshmi,

You can refer the below MDM WIKI:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/mdm/mdmUtilityblogPartI%28An+overview%29

This wiki is about the MDM market trends basic MDM terminology ,methodology and scenarios .This blog is a database for all MDM related queries, questions and information.

I hope this will help you a lot.

TNR,

Saurabh...