cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual postings of excise values inorder to update the registers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario where we need to post excise entries manually inorder to update the sales registers like RG23A and RG1.I mean i need to post basic excise duty,educations cess and Additional Excise duty.This is because for the transactions which has happened in the year 2007.For clear picture i will give you the entire scenario

sub-contracting process

PO-delivery-Pro-forma-Excise Invoice

With the above proccess goods have reached sub-contractor and inturn he will sell the goods directly to customer and so while doing goods receipt from sub-contractor we will not capture any execise entries but because of some problem we need to capture excise entries for few transactions happened in year 2007 and so now we need to post the entries.Please let me know how it can be done.

Regards

Ganesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Goutham,

Firstly thanks for your reply.

But there is a small change in the requirement like, assume we have already received the stock from sub-contractor and sold all the stock to the customers but sale has happened with out excise and now they want these excise values to be posted.As you said i completely agree that we use J1IH for vendor excise related manipulations but here we need sales excise corrections.

Summarizing my question

We sold goods to customers with out excise and we need to post them now.Please suggest.I mean all registers and finance should be updated properly.As i said earlier these transactions were happened in 2007.

Regards

Ganesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiiiiii,

As i understand from you, basically in 2007 u posted all the docs without EI now u need to post those values into appropriate registers.

J1IH is not relevant only for Vendor and its relevant for customer too. Now as i seen your problem, basically you need to do adjustments in 2 places one in excise and in finance. Excise is for excise adjustments and if required in revenue or customer leadger.

For Excise adjustments, you need to do two ways

Process1

Debit the Excise duties per Excise Invocie wise through J1IH

Process2

Deibt the closing balace which you need to debit in 2007 in single entry.

During the sale from facroty process, once the excise invoice is created system update as follows -

RG1- update values & quantity but dis is not reflect in you Balances

PARTII with register type D- update values and dis reflects in your balances as debit balance

But before doing this activity take the help of Finance consultant.

Regards

Goutham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i understand from you, basically you need to adjust the register with values. For this you can do as follow -

For debit adjustments -

Go to Transaction J1IH and select other adjustments- in the screen select the appropriate register and enter the data required in the selection- then enter the values which you need to adjust in register on debit side

For credit adjustments -

Go to Transaction J1IH and select additional excise- in the screen select the appropriate register and enter the data required in the selection- then enter the values which you need to adjust in register on credit side

By doing above two, system adjust your excise balances and the same are updated in registers but all the adjustments will happen in current finacial year.

Rewards if it helps

Regards

Goutham