cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Application Sets available when connecting to Excel 2003

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

An error "There are no application sets available." popped up when i tried to connect to BPC for Excel. I am using Excel 2003 by the way. Does anyone have any idea on how this can be solved?

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're getting the exact same error, using BPC 5.1 SP3, on two of our servers (independent of one another) just this morning at the same time.

This first happened about a month ago; for no apparent reason the Connection Wizard was returning this message. People could login to BPC for Excel if they just clicked the green check box, i.e. without using the Connection Wizard, since it was using cache from their last login. But anyone who tried to switch servers by using the Connection Wizard was locked out. BPC Admin works fine. The problem went away by itself after about 2 hours.

It happened again two days ago and rebooting the server fixed it. But we don't want to have to keep rebooting servers randomly.

SAP has a note about this, Note 1102825, that basically says restart IIS and restart everything SQL related. We tried that and it didn't work.

???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am installing BPC for the first time and is trying to work through the labs from CPM 310, hence i never had access to BPC for Excel.

I was wondering. If BPC Admin can access SQL and BPC server through connection wizard but BPC Office can't, could it be some bug between BPC Office and the connection wizard?

I will try all the methods suggested, i.e. rebooting the server, restarting IIS and everything SQL related and see if i have any luck?

Additional suggestions will be appreciated.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its behaving as though security has not been processed; the screen I'm seeing is the same as users who don't have any access. But I've reprocessed security several times in the past hour, no luck, and no changes have been made to security for at least a week.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lip

Do you see any security error in Event Viewer -> Security ?

Halomoan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are no errors when i checked event viewer -> security, however when i looked at event viewer -> system, i saw an error saying "The OutlookSoft SendGovernor Service service hung on starting."

Any idea?

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wonder if the following helps. When i installed BPC server, i could only enter the same username and password for all 3 service level accounts of system admin id, admin id and user id.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

problem solved.

it turned out that your very first sentence is correct after all, i.e. "Its behaving as though security has not been processed"

i will test the system more vigorously now that it got kick started, thanks to your help.

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having some users receive a similar message and I have seen references to 'Validate and Process Security'. I do not see any option to do this on any menus I see.

How exactly is the Process Security done?

Thanks, Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

You will need to go to the relevant application set, expand the appset and you will see "security" at the bottom. you will need to add 'users' accordingly, assign users to the right 'team', assign the right 'task profile' and 'member access profile' accordingly.

I think that's the gist of things without going too deep.

Cheers

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member599120
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I will try to help you, the first step you should check the user was login in SAP BPC. You can set that through "OsoftAdmin" then click the "application-security" on the tree menu.

If you any question please let me know.

Thanks,

Wandi Sutandi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am afraid i didn't get you at all.

Basically here's the problem, i can use BPC admin to do whatever i want, i.e. create new application sets, create and modify applications, create dimensions....

But when i try to log in using Excel 2003 through connection wizard, an error saying "There are no application sets available." appears in the wizard.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi lip,

We had same errors. But its resolved now.

Please let me know:

1) Do you have a domain setup?

2) Was BPC server installed using domain id?

3) Are you working from client machine or direclty on BPC server?

regards,

Lokesh Nandula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lokesh,

My replies to your questions are as followed:

1) Do you have a domain setup? no

2) Was BPC server installed using domain id? no

3) Are you working from client machine or direclty on BPC server? client machine

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lip,

Please enable all add-ons in IE - Internet options - Programs - Manage Add ons. Restart your client machine and check once. Please let me know if it works.

When we open BPC for excel, some folders and templates related to Application set are downloaded to client machine from BPC server.

regards,

Lokesh Nandula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lokesh,

All my add ins are enabled. Or are there some specific add ins that must be included and enabled? If you could add me at sohlicathotmaildotcom, we can exchange opinions a lot faster.

Cheers