Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Track User Login

former_member599120
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I am using Active Directory User for the user autentification into the SAP BPC web. I don't know how to track who is using SAP Web,

Could you tell me that the tools or component SAP BPC to track the user login or the user is using the SAP BPC please ?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wandi,

This functionality will be available from V7.

Both versions are in RampUp right now.

Alwin

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member599120
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks For you all SAP BPC developer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently, it is no. In BPC 7.0, it will use the BI's CCMS and suer management fetures and it will be available.

Ravi Thothadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wandi,

There is not such things in BPC to track the users logging. Nothing comes with BPC execpt for the BPC Admin. BPC Admin it the only part of BPC you can easily check who is logged in or not...

I also tried my self to do what you are looking for. I had a look at most of the logs... Honeslty it was useless...

But when you think about it is understandable because users are not logged on full time on the server. Even if they clicked on "log on" on their EXCEL BPC, this is not a full time connection. (the best exemple is to log on excel BPC then take the network wire out of the PC and put it back an hour later.... nothing will have changed and you did not loose any connection...) It is only connecting to the databse when you SEND or RETRIEVE data.

That explains why outlooksoft did not develop this... (neither SAP)

Nic

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Yes Audit it is a very good component for tracking but it is depending what kind of information you would like to trace, You can not trace everything with Audit and you should be aware that Audit has also in impact regarding the performances.

Any way you have a lot of posibilities and also you are able to create very nice reports filtering the information how you want.

Regards

Sorin Radulescu

former_member599120
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joost,

I was read the IIS log that you suggested me, it's too diffuclt to understand for user report. Perhaps, Have you using the component "Audit Data" ?.

Thanks,

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Into IIS log you will find all the requests done to IIS not only the request done by users to use BPC Web.

Into BPC 5.X you can not track this information because an user it is impersonate when it is making an instance of any component by one three users used for installation (sysadmin. admin and user).

So if you are looking to dllhost.exe processes you will not be able to see what user was doing what.

Logs from C:\bpc\websrvr\bin provide some information about users but only in case of error.

Regards

Sorin Radulescu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have never done this before, but maybe you can look into the IIS logfile in C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogFiles\w3svc1.

-Joost