Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Todays date in prompt screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using Business Objects Desktop inteleigence 11.5.0.0

Every morning we run a report for the previous day.

In my query i say date is greated than equal to and date is less than eual to. both of them are prompts. example today is 10-Sep-2008, i will give 09-Sep-2008 00:00:00 and 09-Sep-2008 23:59:59

I want that every time any user launchs this report in the prompt screen insetad of us typing the date ranges, i would like it to have a default value of yesterdays date.

Hope you can help. I am brand new to BO.

Appriciate !

Prakash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prakash, I believe ability to change a prompt value dynamically is only available in Crystal Reports.

George

Edited by: George Pertea on Sep 10, 2008 5:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks George,

You cannot even do this in the SQL qury directly ?

Regards

P

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello Prakash,

Have a look at SAP-Note 1207448 - How to automatically fill the date prompt with the current date. It describes two ways to do that:

1. Create a macro.

2. Use the query-on-query function instead of a prompt.

Ilse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

you can create an object in the universe called todays date which is defined with current date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Creation of an object will be a huge drama as it is done by developers, is it possible if created it as a variable.

But this is indeed a good idea, Thankyou very much.

I will wellcome any more suggestions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prakash, of course you can have a variable in your report as var=Current Date() -1 and use that in your query but I tought that original question was to pass a changing value to a prompt on every refresh, which is not possible..