cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roles in TLN missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have a strange problem, we have a Portal 7.0 and many users who access it and they have the roles assigned to them.

which they can see once they login in.

Now the issue is that for some users some of the Worksets/roles are missing from the TLN.

what could be the issue, can anyone help me in solving this.

Thanks and regards,

Kris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved by applying the SAP Note: 777640

regards,

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

In my view this has no relationship with LDAP . This may be a permission problem .

In SP2 Patch 1 The problem can be solved by adding manually end-user-read permission to the migrated/upgraded object.

This problem has been solved with EP6 SP2 Patch 2.

Install EP6 SP2 Patch 2. After installing the patch end-user-read permission is as it should.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1.Try Restarting the server..

2.Login as super admin, and first remove and then reassign those roles for the users encountering the problem...

Refer this for assigning Roles to users.

[]

3.Also for surity you can try on different browsers like firefox and ie6..

Thanks...

Edited by: Chetna Verma on Sep 10, 2008 7:33 AM

Edited by: Chetna Verma on Sep 10, 2008 7:38 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Chetna,

Does this has to do something with the LDAP, like whenever we make any configuration changes in LDAP the Portal is effected as we are using LDAP.

Thanks and regards,

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

I think it may be browser problem.check with the users who is getting issue

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Gopi..

If user exists in LDAP, then ldap reconfiguration will result in Roles change....

It will impact on your Portal assignemnts if your UME is already setup with LDAP and you are going to reconfig your LDAP.

But..

If User exists in PCD, then no...Role assigned will not be disturbed..

Thanks....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

What you had said above is correct (Portal role to LDAP issue). I have the same experience and its definately when you have setup LDAP with the relastionship to your Portal roles. Whenever you move or change activities within the LDAP (for example Security Groups or folders in LDAP), the relationship which you have link (for example Portal role to a LDAP Security Group) will be broken and you will have to relink this relationship again.

I hope you still remember the relationships and it good that you found out with just afew users. I had mine with the whiole company and I have to relink the relationship again via the Portal User Administration (Portal Roles to Security Groups ( =Groups in Portal)).

Hope that helps.

Ray

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Chetna,

What is the work around for this kind of changes that happen in LDAP, as we are expecting the LDAP changes to happen.

Can you tell me as how I can over come this problem such that there is no need to reassign it every time the LDAP changes happen.

Thanks and regards,

kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi...

Well you should know that concept of LDAP was invented only inorder to avoid overloading of Portal Database..

Also LDAP user enteries are mostly those which are not subjected to frequent changes, i mean constant user id's.

For dynamic userid's which are subjected to be changed frequently ..you can create them in Portal UME itself...So that there is no need to reconfigure LDAP on and on....

I think this is the only solution in my opinion...

Thanks....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try changing the browser. Use Firefox mozilla 3.0.

IE 7.0 has some problems in displaying the portal contents.

Regards,

Yogesh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

check the prperties of role/worset in property editor.......set ENTRY POINT =YES

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koti Reddy,

Thanks for your immediate response, the entry point is set to YES.

This happens for some of the users only, and others are able to see those roles in the TLN.

Thanks and regards,

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

HII Gopi..

Open the Permission editor for u r role which r not displaying by right clicking.

Then Give permission for particular user.

and also dont forget to active end user check box.

Thanks

Rewards r welcome