Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smartform material desc. window + zebra printer. 40 chars desc not display

Madhurivs23
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a problem in printing the material description of 40 characters using zebra printer for label printing.

If I take field of 40 characters, the printer is wrapping the text after 30 and print in the next line.

So I divided the desc into 2 strings 30 and 10. and display them in 2 separate windows.

but the problem is that it is taking space between these two strings, I tried to adjust the windows by overlapping them, but could not succeed .

Printer settings can not be changed as client dont allow that to do.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having exactly the same problem. Did you manage to solve it? What did SAP answer?

Jurijs

Madhurivs23
Participant
0 Kudos

given to SAP for finding solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use template for that.

or

simply print in text element,

&descr+(30)&

&descr+30(10)&

Madhurivs23
Participant
0 Kudos

I am currently doing like this only

str1 = &descr+(30)&

str2 = &descr+30(10)&

but in between str1 and str2 , the space remains even if I am condensing the str1 and str2.

Do I need to do permutations and combinations by moving the 2 windows or is there any other solution to this?

Please help . I need urgently.

rgds

Madhuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Do u want print string as continuous or as saperate two lines?.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why you are not printing both the lines in the same window?

Madhurivs23
Participant
0 Kudos

because its wrapping up the text after character 30 and if I print in the same window, it will not show at all

like if my material desc. is like this:

string 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

a a a b b b b b b c c c d d d e e e e f f f f g

string 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

g g g g g

in print out it should print without any spaces in between g(30) and g(1) , but it is taking a space.

is it because I have taken 2 separate windows ? I need to check it by displaying both strings in the same window. I will check that one.

Madhurivs23
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

I want to print the string continuous , plus the string is printed horizontally.

I am thinking that if I get to know how much length the zebra printer takes to print ond character horizontally, then issue might get solved. but no idea from where I can get this information.

The 2 windows are previously taken by another devloper ,I dont know the exact logic behind why the 2 windows are taken to print that one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Decrease the Lines per inch in Form attributes.

Try this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Zebar printeres take 4" X 6" diemnsions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just print in single window.

Increase your window size.

No need to divide the string.

If not works try by decreasing lines per inch attribute as suggested by someone above.

Madhurivs23
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

I will try this one.

but this will get applicable to all the objects in smartform along with material description. I dont know whether user will accept that one, since the labels are aleady in use and they will not allow to change anything in that layout.

Madhurivs23
Participant
0 Kudos

ok. thanks. I will try all the suggestions from all of you. But testing will take 1 day since the printer is located in other place.

I will definitely communicate regarding which logic works for this issue

thanks to all of u.

and if there are any more solutions please tell.

rgds

Madhuri

Madhurivs23
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I can not change the CPI value.

Is is really like that zebra printer cannt print whole 40 characters in same line?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you increased the main window size ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reduce Font size of Mat Dec.

Madhurivs23
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can not reduce the font size as per client's requirement