cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diff between ESS Team Calendar and MSS Team Calendar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone please let me know is there any difference between ESS team calender that employees see in the Leave tab and the Mss team calender that the managers see for their team.

In our system, it so happens that a user who is a chief sees the org structure in which he is as an employee only ( not manager) in the ESS team calender. However users who have both the ESS and MSS roles see the org structure which is reporting to them in the ESS and as well as the MSS team Calender.

i already searched SDn and SAPnotes for this and was unable to find anything useful.

Can anyone please let me know from where does the team Calendar fetch the details from the back-end both in the case of ESS and MSS.

regards,

pinki

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

ESS Team calendar is meant for the employees to see the other colleagues in their Org unit

MSS Team calendar is used by the manager to see the

employees reporting to him directly or indirectly (configuration available)

All this comes from leave request application, Ie sent leave

approved status etc, and of course the infotypes 2001

and 2002.

Check for team calendar in help.sap.com you ll find very good documentation on this.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/4d/c19ce6ef2842258283afc35a54172a/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

I did find that out yesterday. Actually the problem appeared when am employee heading the org unit was seeing the ESS team calendar. He was able to see all the other members of the org unit who were also his subordinates.

Now below this org -unit were 5 sub-org units reorting to this org unit and the chiefs of these org units saw their colleagues below the main org unit. Hence arose the confusion. It has been cleared now hoever.

All the same thanks a lot for your reply.

regards,

pinki

Answers (0)