cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Production Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to know about standard production process.In our case, we have made some customizations in the system and ABAP programs according to business needs. I am explaining the complete process below.Please tell me that how this process differs from standard production process.

we have maintained BOMs for HALB and FERT. HALB BOM contains raw materails and FERT BOM contains packaging materials and HALB material.

we raise a production order for HALB and release. Reservarion creates automatically behind this production order. A z transaction 'ZGISR' has been given to plant staff. Plant staff takes print out of required quantity of raw materials for this production order from this z transaction and sends to warehouse staff. .

At the same time, plant creates reservation in MB21 for packaging material, takes print out of this reservation from another z transaction 'zsir1' and sends to warehouse.

Warehouse staff post raw materials for order consumption in MB1A with movement type 261 against reservation no. With this, warehouse staff transfers packaging material from warehouse location to plant location in transaction MB1B with movement type 311 against reservation number.

Plant staff confirms the production order and after quality inspection, UD and stock posting to unrestricted use, plant staff settles the production order for HALB.

After HALB production, plant staff raises another production order for FERT and releases. Order confirmation is done by plant staff and then after finished good production, plant staff takes printout from another z transaction ' ZGTNB' that shows that this Finished product has been produced with the produced quantity. Plant staff sends this printout to warehouse. Warehouse takes the print out and transfer finished good from plant location to warehouse location using transaction MB1B with movement type 311.

This is the complete production process in one of our business.

Now my question is that there are 3 z printing programs :

1 from plant to warehouse for raw materials issuance

1 from plant to warehouse for packaging material issuance

1 from plant to warehouse for finished good transfer from plant to warehouse.

Since all of 3 programs are customized programs. How standard SAP provides these functionalities?

My second question is that in HALB order , reservation for raw materials creates automatically but for FERT order , reservation for packaging materials is created via MB21. The reason is that most of the time, packaging material is required more than the quantity mentioned in FERT BOM because of yield loss or gain. How this situation is handled with standard SAP? Packaging material issuance should be like raw material issuance from BOM.

Please respond.

Best Regards,

AI

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

muthusamy_sankaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For second question, pls refer below link

Regards,

Sankaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sankaran.

Since I am not a PP expert , I need some more understanding. Hope you will respond.

What I have understood that I have to maintain component scrap in MRP 4 View in material master for packaing material for example drums. And when FERT order is created, total packaging material quantity that system will pick is

quantity in BOM + (component scrap % (quantity in BOM))

Am I right? Also I cannot understand your this statement :

If component scrap has been entered in the BOM, this value applies.

Otherwise, the value specified in the material master record is used.

Please respond.

Best Regards,

AI.

muthusamy_sankaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Correct.

We have two place to enter component scrap % value

1. In BOM (Components)

2. Material Master (MRP View 4)

If component scrap has been entered in the BOM, BOM Component scrap % value applies. Otherwise, the value specified in the Material Master (MRP View 4) Component scrap % value is used.

Hope you will understand.

Regards,

Sankaran

Answers (0)