cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using CLR Integration functionality in SQL Server 2005 in CR 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have several CLR SQLProcedures in my SQL Database for performing performing complex selects with regex etc. These work exceptionally well form with Visual Strudio for retrieving a dataset. However from within Crystal Reports I can not see these stored procedures, so cannot use the to report on, which was the whole idea of creating them.

Considering CLR Intergration has been around since 2004/5, I would have expected CR 2008 to be able to make use of them, but I can find no way to make them work.

I hope some one can assist me in this quest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

Are you able to see non-CLR SPs? If not, open the Database Expert, right click the data source, choose options and place a check mark in Stored Procedures.

I assume you are using the SQL Native Client for the connection. If not switch to that.

Hope this helps,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, can see and use non clr-sps. Yes, I am using SQL Native Client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

Hate to say this but I'm baffled. Until you actually do something with it, CR shouldn't even know that there is a difference between a T-SQL SP and a CLR SP.

If nothing else, that's probably a good indication that the problem is either in the Native Client settings or at the server level.

I did some Google searching but didn't find anything relevant.

Sorry,

Jason

Answers (0)