cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event for updating caption of button

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a form using screen painter.I have added some textboxes and buttons as per my requirement.I want to change the caption of btnOK from OK to Update some text is typed in textbox.I tried key down event but it fired for each and every character and the speed was decremented.Which is other event which can trap the updation of form ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dilip,

You can do it automatically with the form's AutoManaged property set to True and the Item's AffectFormMode property set to True also, or if your really what to do it manually, just catch the item's LostFocus or Validate events and change the form mode to Update.

Regards,

Vítor Vieira

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

Set AffectsFormmode as False.Manually,set the Form mode as form.Mode=SAPbouiCOM.BoFormMode.fm_UPDATE_MODE

this will change the caption of the button to Update.When u register in UDO,And set Affects form mode=true,it will take care of add,update,find,ok(according to that the caption of the buton changes).I hope this will help u........:)

Kind Regards

Mohana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dilip Kumbhar,

You may use the

ItemEvent Object -> EventType Property ->

et_FORM_DATA_UPDATE : specifies that the application updated a record in a business object.

Please refer to SDK UI API help for more information.

Best Regards

Jane Jing

SAP Business One

former_member201110
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

If you set the UID of the button to 1 then it will automatically change the caption from OK to Update when you change any item, unless the AffectsFormMode property of the item is set to false.

Kind Regards,

Owen