cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP J2EE engine on remote host. Developer Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem with the connection to the remote J2EE from the NW D ST.

I got the following error message:

"Exception: The message server did not respond within 60 sec."

I would appreciate any help!

Kind Regards,

Sascha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184385
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sascha,

try the following, to narrow the problem cause:

Do a deployment from a different PC.

- If this test succeeds, then the cause could be your PC's configuration i.e. personal firewall, configuration of the deployment service in your NWDS.

- If this test doesn't succeed, then it could signify a general problem to reach the remote NW (host/port combination) from this particular subnet

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

yes, it seems that it is a general problem to reach the remote SAP-Server. I think the message server port is blocked.

Regards,

Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

are you giving the exact message server name and message port number as in

go to http://<server name>:<port number >/sap/monitoring/SystemInfo

where port number is 50000+100*instance_number

also check if the default page of J2EE engine is accessible from local host(server). Then if you not able to access from a remote machine it is due to network problems or due to firewall

Hope this helps you

Regards

Rohit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sascha,

Go TO Windows->Preferences->SAP J2EE Engine->check the check box ->SAP J2EE Engine is installed on remote host->Enter your message server host name and port number.

Sample :

Message Server Host : 10.110.12.12

Port :3601

Check Windows-Show View- J2EE engine.

Check whether the SDM and the server is showing green color and test whether both are running or not?

Now test your application.

Tell me if you need more input.

Regards,

Karthick K Eswaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sascha,

Please check if you are able to ping the server from the client machine and telnet into the message port. From client machine, open the command prompt and try

ping <server name or ip>

and

telnet <server name or ip> <msg port i.e 36(instance no:+1)>

eg: telnet MyServer 3601

Best Regards,

Nibu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

thanks for the answers so far. So, the message server port is definitely blocked and that there is no chance to open it for security reasons.

They (BASIS Team) are trying to find a solution using Web Dispatcher. Is it possible to connect a remote J2EE via Web-Dispatcher? Any other ideas if the direct way is blocked?

Kind Regards,

Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sascha,

The remote server can be accessed via Web-Dispatcher. This means that the Web-Dispatcher has to sit in a so-called DMZ (Demilitarized Zone), which is kind of a hallway between the internet and your internal network. However this would imply opening the message server port between the DMZ and the remote J2EE server. Do you think your basis guys would be willing to do that?

If they are, then you just access the web-dispatcher via a regular port (say port 80) and web-dispatcher than dispatches your call to the message server port.

Regards,

Maarten.

Message was edited by: Maarten Kalk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maarten,

what about the complexity for this solution if there is no DMZ so far?

Regards,

Sascha