Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Production order variance and purchase variance go to one business area.

Hi Experts,

I have a issue while Purchase order we have ordered 3000 qty and while goods receipt we posted 300000 qty and same was issed for prodction order instead of 3000 and got variance. Then afterward purchase order qty was rectified with correct qty then purchase variance happed. The production order variance is getting offsetting by purchase order variance and no effect on gross profit.

Now my question is production variance is going one business area and purchase variance is going another business area. It should not be like that. Both should be showed only one business area. Please provide solution.

Thanks in advance.

Balu

replied

Dear Balu, You can try OKB9 wherein you need to select the indicator 'BAlrn' against the cost elements of Purchase price difference account. Then select the line item and click the folder 'Detail for business area/valuation area' and input your business area. Thereby you can capture this variance in same business area, even if any other business area is entered or derived differently. Further, if your production variance account is also a cost element, you can direct the postings to the same business area, we can do the same as explained above. If not, we have to think of another configuration or work around. Pl let me know. Trust this helps much! Regards, Ashok SINGH

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question