cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Component not found in Infoprovider/Infoobjects/Infosource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I activated the business content for a source system in ECC6 - BI.

When i double click the source system, it goes to the Datasource screen and there i can able to see the all the application components under SAP R/3.

But in the Modeling, there are many areas like Infoprovider, Info objects and Info Sources, where this application component need to be shown. But in my case, it is not showing at all. And because of this i cannot able to use any of the info objects, even though it is shown in the Datasource of a source system.

Is anything wrong when activating the Business Content?

Please let me know what should i do, to get the appn component same as in Datasource to all the others areas.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got Help from SAP directly and solved the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please reinstall business content by selecting data transfer before and after,if it is fresh system.

check this link for more info.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/80/1a66d5e07211d2acb80000e829fbfe/content.htm

srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you installed the Application Component on BI side? You need to install it.

Thanks..

Shambhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

goto bw side rsa9 press enter u get all application components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I couldn't get you, how to do? can you please write the steps for me. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have already done that RSA9 and again did now, but still the same. Can't able to see any of the objects under the modeling, except in Datasource.

By the way, since we are in ECC6, both R/3 and BW are in the same system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ani,

Before replication of the datasource you need to transfer application component hierarchy to Bi side..

Once this is done at R/3 side you may go ahead with replication of data source. this will make sure that datasource gets into correspoinding application area .

Hope that helps.

Regards

Mr Kapadia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kapadia,

Since i have already replicated the datasources, is there any solution that i revoke the replication and do it once again.

Can you write in detail.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If its fresh system i would do a deletion fo source system which in turn will delete the datasources as well.

Recreate source system and then transfer the hierarchy through transaction code RSA9. following which you can do replication of datasources.

If its not fresh system , i mean lot of development / business content installation has been done then try replication once more time , hopefully datasource should get into corresponding application components, but i am not sure this will work or not .

Hope that helps.

Regards

Mr Kapadia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kapadia,

I think in the thread i have stated that that appn components shows in the Datasource, where as it doesn't show in Infoprovider / Infoobjects/ infosources.

In the BI screen -> Modeling, you will find different things like Info Provider / Info Objects / Info Sources / Datasources / Source System etc...

In this, i can able to see all the application components in the Datasource.

But i can't able to see in the rest of it.

Did you get what i'm trying to say?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I misunderstood your question.

You need to install the objects infoprovider/info objects / transformation update rules info packages transfer rules etc from business content. (Tcode RSA1 -> BI Content )

You will find plenty of material on "Installation of business content" in this forum.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Mr Kapadia