cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permissions, Actions, Roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to develop a view in an existing application. When i run my application it will shows group of buttons like 'Workflow Rating', 'Stand-alone Rating', 'Sensitivity Rating' etc... On click of these buttons, respective pages will open. Like this i created a button named as 'File Upload' and on clicking this button a view named as 'HCFileUploadView' should open. I completed all the coding part.

Coming to Authorization part, i created permission through java coding. Next part is we have to specify actions in an xml file. Can anybody tell me where this xml file resides and how to configure this xml file ?

My problem is I'm not able to view the button('File Upload') during run-time.

Please help me.

Regards,

Vijay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Do you have a quick car rental application. its the perfect example for your question.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/1c693fcf-0201-0010-d9bb-f48b1d8c....

steps are like

Create a UME permission project.(called as action project).

mention the needed action in actions.xml file.

build and deploy project.

In UME you will be able to see your actions. asign then to roles.

assign these roles to users.

in your webdynpro application assign functionality according to the actions you have created.

just check user.haspermission so you can enable disable functionality accordin to your actions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi snehal,

Thanks for the reply.

I read the car rental application document. This document describes the creation of actions.xml file by creating new development component(UME permission project) project for the first time. In my case, i have to create new action in an existing actions.xml file. Please read my first post once again. I need to update the existing actions.xml file.

Is is possible to update the existing actions.xml file ? or everytime i need to create UME permission project ?

Regards,

Vijay.

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

yes it is possible to edit the existing action.xml. just add new actions in it.

There is no need to create new project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi snehal,

In our case actions.xml file is CRRSrole.xml.

Can u tell me the path of the xml file, where it is stored generally ?

I didn't find the exact location of this xml file.

Regards,

vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay and snehal,

Vijay, under you web dynpro perspective, there are 2 tabs "Web Dynpro Explorer" and "Navigator", select the navigator and look for the DC which contains your xml file.

Mine is called wdaction.

I m also having a similar problem.

I m trying to add more actions to my actions.xml file and when i try to deploy it, i got the following error. It looks like the error is saying that i already have <BUSINESSSERVICE NAME="CIAS_Roles"> deployed on the WAS. So is there a need to undeploy the application first or am i doing something wrong ? Your help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advace.

Rgds,

Daniel

27-Aug-2008 17:32:43 /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR:

[002]Deployment aborted

Settings

SDM host : cias109

SDM port : 50018

URL to deploy : file:/C:/DOCUME1/pmsdla/LOCALS1/Temp/temp41851com.diagonalapplwdaction.ear

Result

=> deployment aborted : file:/C:/DOCUME1/pmsdla/LOCALS1/Temp/temp41851com.diagonalapplwdaction.ear

Aborted: development component 'appl/wdaction'/'com.diagonal'/'dev_devcias_D'/'20080801172153'/'0':Caught exception during application deployment from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot deploy application com.diagonal/applwdaction.. Reason: <--Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.engine.services.deploy.DeployResourceBundle', ID='UME actions for application com.diagonal/applwdaction couldn't be deployed: Scaning file "permission_files/com.diagonal_applwdaction.xml" failed!: Service "CIAS_Roles" already exists!', Arguments: []--> : Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key UME actions for application com.diagonal/applwdaction couldn't be deployed: Scaning file "permission_files/com.diagonal_applwdaction.xml" failed!: Service "CIAS_Roles" already exists!; nested exception is: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.DeploymentException: <--Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.engine.services.deploy.DeployResourceBundle', ID='UME actions for application com.diagonal/applwdaction couldn't be deployed: Scaning file "permission_files/com.diagonal_applwdaction.xml" failed!: Service "CIAS_Roles" already exists!', Arguments: []--> : Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key UME actions for application com.diagonal/applwdaction couldn't be deployed: Scaning file "permission_files/com.diagonal_appl~wdaction.xml" failed!: Service "CIAS_Roles" already exists! (message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).REMEXC)

Deployment exception : The deployment of at least one item aborted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel and Snehal,

Thanks for your input. Issue has been resolved.

I configured the actions.xml (CRRSrole.xml) file using the following steps :

1. Open configtool.bat from C:\usr\sap\C11\JC00\j2ee\configtool

2. Go to File --> Configuration Editor --> Display Configuration --> cluster_data --> server --> persistent --> com.sap.security.core.ume.service

3. Go to Change mode.

4. Double click the CRRSrole.xml

5. Upload the latest CRRSrole.xml and click OK to save.

6. Restart J2EE server.

Regards,

Vijay.

Answers (0)