Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why system is NOT asking me for a TRANSPORT for a Z FM??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I was created a Function module z_fm_1 on function group of ZMEDRUCK and its attached a transport.

bcoz, of some reason, am renamed it to z_fm_2, but system DID NOT ASKED ME FOR TRANSPORT........then How Can I move it to TEST system???

So, again I tried by creating manually, by using copy&paste into z_fm_3, but this term also system DID NOT ASKED ME FOR A TRANSPORT.........then How Can I move it to TEST system???

1 - Why system is so?

2 - So, How to attach it to a transport?

thanq

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto tcode SE80 In left side select the object Function group and give Function group name.

Under function module folder select your function module --->right click ->more functions>write to transport request.

note : this function module should not assign to local object.

Regards,

Murali

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

HAI

CHECK SAVED LOCATION OF THE FUNCTION MODULE,

IF U SAVE IT IN LOCAL OBJECT WHICH DOESNT ASK THE TRANSPORT.

0 Kudos

thanq

NO.

even, system did NOT pop-up any screen, related to package, transport, location etc. thanq

0 Kudos

Hi ,

First do one thing .

Goto SE37--->give ur FM name ->Display->see the attributes of it ? --->check for the Package .

and also check the version management of these Function Modules then u will come to know where it was saved, under which Transport/Local Object.

regards

Prabhu

0 Kudos

thanq

sorry, u did not get my point........

the FM 1 is okay, fine.

i renamed it to 2, but system simply saved and in active sattus???

oi deleted the FM 1 from transport list!!!! as its not existing any more???

to avoide all these, i created manuyll, by copy & paste menthod, in that case, also, system did not asked any TR stuff!!!

thanq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to SE10 and check the objects included in the Transport. Usually by renaming the FM it doesn't ask for transport. I am pretty sure is should already be in the request. If not u can manually add objects to transports by right clicking on FM and from menu Other Functions->Write Transport Entry.

Hope this helps

A

0 Kudos

thanq

unfortunately, i deleted the original FM from transport!!!!

now, there is no such object of FM type in this transport!!

i am trying ur other idea that, adding manually, but, i did not see any such menu item, write transport entry like that(ours is ECC 6.0)

so, pls. let me know further detail or let me know function keys , like cntrl+f3 etc.

thanq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto tcode SE80 In left side select the object Function group and give Function group name.

Under function module folder select your function module --->right click ->more functions>write to transport request.

note : this function module should not assign to local object.

Regards,

Murali

0 Kudos

thanq

i folowed ur suggestion that, going to SE80.

I hv given the existing TR #.

so, my FM is attached to it, BUT under the HEADING of Object List of Request

so, is it ok? i mean, is it carries to test and there by to production, even though the HEADING is different??

thanq