cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver Determination Condition and XPATH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have a receiver determination with conditions and can not figure out why one thing is working, and the other isn't.

As suggested in the following forum post, , I had to do the following to my XPATH expression to make it work. The full xpath expression is this:

(/p1:RenExtract_MT/Detail/CompanyCode = 9740)

where

p1 = http://company.com/xi/fin/

but whenever I put in a condition it could not find a receiver.

Hoewver, when I did this:

//CompanyCode

it worked.

I did everything through the condition editor, many times, and didn't type anything in myself. Is there a length limitation or something (I removed some data in here, the expression is really longer!).

Any ideas?

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184385
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I do not have an explanation for this wired behaviour.

But I can assure your, that your working solution, the //something expression is a good one and not inferior to a solution using an explicit, absolute path.

Why is that: I can remember some benchmarks, where the //something expression always outperformed the other one.

Regards

Gregor

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Gregor suggested this seems to be weird.

Actually if you are working with the condition editor for receiver determination it has to work.

>> /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/03/xpath-to-show-the-path-multiple-receivers

if you look into the weblog, i did use the /p1.... which come automatically once you select the field on which the condtion is based on.