cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop Language String on Custom Pages??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Okay, this is driving me a bit crazy. How do I stop Webtools from taking over the labels and literals on my custom webpages? I simply want the labels to be displayed exactly as I've set them up on my custom aspx pages. Now, whenever I change a label on my custom pages, I have to go through the Language Strings Editor and change the string there which is completely annoying. Please tell me there is someway for me to stop WebTools from hijacking the labels and literals on my custom pages.

Thanks,

David Wall

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Your strings have been "translated"

All UI labels, tooltips, etc, are stored in the NPStrings table and loaded into memory, so changing the label on the form has no effect.

In the admin area, there is an icon at the top of menu, next to the help icon. This will load the string editor. The string editor is used to change the labels. Just navigate to the page and find the relevant control and edit it there.

If a control has an id with the first three letters "sys", it will not be translated.

A third way to fix this, is to delete them from the NPStrings table--but if you do this, you need to refresh the cache, because the old ones are still stored in memory.

I believe this behavior has been modified in p11 (maybe p12) so the strings are not automatically added to NPStrings....

Answers (0)