cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP code for Deleting Initialization of Delta in a Process Chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a process chain that includes an InfoPackage for Initializing a Delta Extraction from the DataSource to the PSA.

This process will fail if I haven't previously manually deleted the Initial Selections from within the InfoPackage:Scheduler>Initialization Options for Source System.

Has anyone come up with a neat piece for ABAP code that can be inserted in a process chain to delete the initial selection, prior to executing the Initialize Delta InfoPackage.

I am using DataSource 0CO_OM_CCA_9 and have migrated it to being a BI7 DataSource.

Thanks

Adrian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

in general for initialisation as it is once or once a year depending on your requirement (cca_9)

you do not automate the process of deleting the init in a process chain you do it manually.

why complicating the topic when you can make it easy.

bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I agree that an automated Initialization of Delta is not required that frequently, but it would still be useful.

For example, we have a BI Test system that connects to a ECC Test system. Our ECC Test system periodically gets refreshed from Production ECC. To keep everything in check, I prefer to reload the data into BI from Test ECC when it gets refreshed and I have some quite large and complex Meta Chains to do this that I set off on a Friday night.

The problem that I have is that if I forget to delete the initialization, the process chain stops and the subsequent processes won't get processed.

I'd expect this could be solved with a couple of lines of code.

Regards

Adrian

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

what you could try is to use remotely the function module

RSC1_QUEUE_DELETE_ALL that is in ECC.

Encapsulate this function in a program in BW where you do a call of the function I gave you.

place this program in you chain before loading that should work

let me know

bye

Boujema

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Adrian if you solved your issue please close the post

and please do not forget

Food for Points: Make a Difference through Community Contribution!

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/007928c5-c4ef-2a10-d9a3-8109ae621a82

bye

Boujema

Answers (0)