cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase text area display rows.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear CRM Gurus,

The TextArea displays 5 rows. I want increase this display rows to 10. For GSTEXT/Notes, I have made the following settings for the TextArea

Row From : 2

Row to : 12

But I don't see that the TextArea display area is increased. Can you please advice me here.

Thanks!

Surya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

xavier_dehairs2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, I had similar requirement and I also first tried as you explained, by using the configuration tool -> this does not work !

Finally, I found that i could change this by going into class CLG_THTMLB_TEXTAREA and change the default value of attribute ROWS from '5' to the desired value. Of course this would affect all the textareas in the Web Client

But it was the only way I found to make this work.

Regards,

Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can define the number of lines of a textarea In the GET_P-method of your attribut, that contains the text:

CASE iv_property.
    WHEN if_bsp_wd_model_setter_getter=>fp_fieldtype.
      rv_value = cl_bsp_dlc_view_descriptor=>field_type_textarea.
    WHEN if_bsp_wd_model_setter_getter=>fp_textarea_rows.  
      rv_value = 12.
  ENDCASE.

Greetings,

Sven

xavier_dehairs2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This is indeed a better way to solve this !

Thanks,

Xavier

suchita_phulkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sven,

your solution indeed works perfectly and it has solved my problem...Its so unfortunate that i can't give pts for this as its not my thread and i feel that the thread owner should have given you the in full pts !!

Thanks a lot .

Regards,

Suchita

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suchita,

Yes the owner should have done this, so since they didn't I'm stepping in and taking care of this issue.

Thank you,

Stephen

CRM Forum Moderator

suchita_phulkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

This is truly Great of you !!

Appreciated !!

Thanks & Regards,

Suchita

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

CarstenKasper
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

what I meant with two configurations is:

In the config tool there is a button "Select Configuration". In our system I saw that there are two configurations that can be selected. It was just a reminder, if you maybe changed the wrong one. Happens to me sometimes, too

If this is not the problem I fear you will have to do a little debugging.

cheers Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

Firstly if it is standard field/structure then it will be available for you to configure in the BSP component under the veiw. Typically you will have default configuration (one or multiple) available but then you can configure the field/view differently for different business roles. You can use different option there, copy the default configuration and then modify it etc.

However looking at the your query it seems like you are modifying in the html ? This is done where configuration is not an option, mostly for customer fields that you may have added in BOL. In such case I can say you need to do some trials and debugging.

Thanks,

Anand

CarstenKasper
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

should work using the config tool. There are two configurations, be sure to edit the correct one.

cheers Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Carsten,

I am using the config tool to change the above mentioned steps. Can you please throw what are the 2 options and if I was using the right option in my steps. Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks!

Surya.