cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COPA document not generated when Post Goods Issue is reversed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

WE uses Stock Transport Order in two steps for transfering Stock from one plant to another. We have defined a Condition type FRB1 to capture the Freight cost involved in the stock transfer.

When the Post goods issue is done for the Stock Transport Order. following Accounting documents are generated.

Accounting

Profit Center

COPA

Spec. Purpose Ledger

Controlling Document

Material Ledger document.

But When the Post goods issue is reversed through transaction code VL09 all the above documents are generated except for COPA document. Though in controlling document it shows the object type hit is REO i.e profitability Analysis

For further information we have mapped cost element (600150) with Value field in PA transfer structure (Direct assignment from FI and MM. Movement type used for PGI are 641 & 642.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This happens sometimes when you manually change the automatically derived assignments like cost center.

The document does not get generated even though if you put back the same derived cost center.

I had an issue like this earlier.

Hope this is the case

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Thanks for your reply. Can you please explain me what was your scenario and how did you get out of this. We are not using any other CO Object except PA right from day one.

Thanks

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues

I thank all those who put in thier time and efforts for possible solution for my problem. But I could resolve this issue with help from SAP.

Basically in costing based COPA the system does not post the cost of goods sold to COPA during goods issue but it is done at the time of posting the invoice since the system wants to see the revenues and the COGS values together.

Since the system posts the COGS into COPA at the time of invoice posting, you will appreciate that if this is also done during goods

issue then you will have duplicate entries in your COPA (i.e. the COGS will be doubled).

If in transaction VL01N/VL02N a costing-based line item would be posted, the costs would be double in CO-PA (the billing and goods issue). For this reason, no costing based line items will be created in the standard R/3 system for transaction VL01N/VL02N.

If for some reason you still wish to post the COGS to COPA during goods issue you have to do the same thro a modification of the system.In your case you have applied note 214381 for the same. Please note here that movement type '641' is used as an example. For other movement types you will need to code accordingly.

as per note 337488 point 2. the changes of note 214381 were not required in our case. Therefore we reverted these changes in LKEIIF01 and added the relevant coding for movement type 642 in function COPA_DOCUMENT_CHECK as per note 337488 point 2.

Looking forward for your continued support

Regards

Umesh Gothankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

Thank you very much for your valuable input.

Pl help me as in our scenario system is generating CO-PA document for mvmt 301(Plant to Plant single step) where as for STO with Mvmt 641 (without billing) it is not creating any CO-Pa document.

Since there is no billing we need CO-PA document at the time of delivery. Please help us to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prasad,

You need to implement SAP Note 337488 - Go to correction instructions of SAP note - select the correction instructions depending on SAP version in your company. As per the correction instructions you need to delete a block and insert a new block. the movement type given there is 641, You should make the correction in block for the movement types which you require.

If you can not do this, Ask your Abaper to do it for you. Also study SAP Note 214381 before you do the changes. Hope this helps

Good Luck

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Umesh,

In my current company they are looking for to capture some data/want to transfer some value/data to COPA in case of Stcok Transfer order between two plant(May or may not belongs to same company code).

Any body have any document or steps to configure and things to consider to provide the solution to the business.

Regards,

Lokanath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loknath,

My question is already answered. If the solution provided in this thread does not satisfy your need. Put a separate Post.

I would be more than happy to help you as much as I could.

Thanks

Umesh

Answers (0)