cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drill Through Documentation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to find u201Chow-tou201D documentation to setup Drill Through in BPC (version 5.1) that has specific examples. I have created a Drillkey property (although I donu2019t know if I populated it correctly), created a database query, and set up the Drill Through in the table. I still get u201CThere is no Drill Through informationu201D, when I try to do a Drill Through.

Is there any documentation other than the Administration Help that gives examples on how to create a Drill Through?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandra,

I have documentation that I can send you on drill through with examples. See my business card for email address.

Thanks,

Barton

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A 'How-To" doc is in the works and comming soon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Todd -

I'm looking forward to that "How To". I've just been assigned to a project to get the Drill Through functionality working for a number of our App Sets.

Thanks!

Sean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Todd

Just doing a bit of research regarding issues with setting up drill through in bpc7.5 and stumbled across your comment regarding this being added to a "How to " section back in 2009. I don't suppose this ever happened by any chance?

I am struggling with the 'Cannot connect to database' errors and am getting a bit frustrated. I know I don't have a security issue and also remember how fussy these are from setting them up in bpc 4.2.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandra,

Like Sorin said, the admin help contains all the info you need. I have set this up quit esome times and when you get the message that there is no drillthrough information it seem that the query is able to connect to the table that contains the drillthrough information, but does not return anything matching the variables you put into the query.

-Make sure there is data in your source table

-Make sure that you put the variables correct into the query. Or first try to replace the variables with hardcoded members for which you want to run the query, to test if it gives any result in query analyser.

-Make sure your drillthrough table has columns with membernames that match the exact ID's you have in your dimensions that you use as a variable. For example if you want to query drillthrough info for "SalesUSNeast", make sure this exact ID is

in the drillthrough table. I have seen situations where this was not the case, so we needed to map some columns of the drillthrough data in a staging table to ID's that are in the system, before loading the data to the final drillthrough table.

-Also make sure you don't drillthrough on a calculated member of one of your variables. By default this won't return anything since the drillthrough function does "read" your applicaton hierarchy by default. This can be done, but with a little customizing of the query. I have build a query which was able to do this based on the CTBLDIM tables for the dimensions you use as variable. So CTBLDIMENTITY if the entity is the variable. You can put something in the query like "where entity in (select ID from ctbldimentity where agregat = %ENTITY%)". If you want to run drillthrough queries on calculated members you should put an instruction like this for every variable dimension you have.

Hope this helps!

Joost

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I think the help and the information from Admin module it is fine.

You can see also an example if you follow the example into Apshell.

Regards

Sorin Radulescu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HII!!!

one question!! Did you find these documentation? I need it too!!

thanks !!