cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Order not created while performing GR for Production order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am facing a problem while recieving stock from a production order. The system does not create a transfer requirement or a TO.

Let me give you a brief background.

This is a new functionality introduced in ECC 6.0 for working with kanban in WM.

Supply area is created for WM location.

Control cycle is created for material, supply area. Warehouse, storage type and Bin is maintained in control cycle record. When the GR is done for production order material is recieved in this bin.

1) Now when the Kanban is set empty a production order is automatically created.

2) Once the production order is confirmed the material automatically shows up in the bin.

A material document is created which shows IM movement type 101 and WM movement type 103. Also in material document Immediate auto TO checkmark is blank.

3) *PROBLEM* - System does not create a TR or a TO. the material automatically shows up in the Bin. How can we enable an auto TR and TO creation.

Following are the settings which I have already checked:

1) In IMG, WM movement type 103 has auto TO indicator set.

2) IM-WM interface for 102 movement type and 103 movement type is maintained.

The main problem is: Although the material document displays WM movement type 103 and the stock lies in WM bin, System never created a Transfer requirement or a Transfer order.

I would really appreciate if anyone can help me in this.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I do not know this function in SAP, so these are just my ideas:

System does not create a TR or a TO. the material automatically shows up in the Bin.

I think it's a normal SAP behaviour. If you do GR against a PO the quant(s) will appear in interim storage bin w/o TO. The TO is to move the quants from one bin to another, but in this case the quant comes from 'nothing' and arrives at the bin.

If you make confirmation and consume the components refering to a PrdOrd, the components will disappear w/o TO from storage type 100 + dynamic bin, because there's no TO that could move them from dynamic bin to 'nothing'.

So, these 'movements' are to change the WM stock level and TOs are not designed for this.

There's difference between auto creation of TO and immediate TO creation. Please check what SAP help says in case of TOs for outbound deliveries:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/c6/f8406c4afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Now when the Kanban is set empty a production order is automatically created.

So, if you remove the stock from the Kanban it triggers the creation of a PrdOrd. This is very logical in a Kanban system because it is a pull system. but your problem is not this, it's clear.

If you just created an automatic TO and would remove the stock from Kanban-bin, a new PrdOrd would be generated, and so on. As many times you remove the stock a new PrdOrd is created and this might be the reason why no TO is crated automatically. In this case this would be a push system and not kanban system.

I do not know this process but if we concentrate only on the pull system, maybe this Kanaban is to store the FG until an event (e.g. shipment) should trigger the stock removal from this bin. (just my assumption)

Please try to mark the TR creation for the movement type w/o auto / immediate TO and tell us the result (whether you get the TR if you confirm the PrdOrd).

Regards,

Csaba

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

how do you know that there is no TO? Did you check in LT26 or in SE16 for table LTAP ??

Maybe the process is that much automated that you do not need a TR and do not need to manually convert it into a TO and do not need to confirm it manually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, I have checked in LTAP, there is no TO created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This happens when there is inventory discrepancy. Since we are performing a SLOC to SLOC transfer and the source location has negative stocks the posting fails.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone help me on this?