Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRF linking event action and expressions

ross_goodman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looking for a bit of clarification here

In an application class I have an event EVENT1, which is linked to an action ACTION1....

Now I design a a series of expressions lets call them EXPRA, EXPARB, EXPRC, and EXPRD.

What links these expressions to ACTION1 ??

If I then have another event EVENT2 which I link to an action ACTION2 for which I want to use the some of the same expressions (but not all) how do I do this.

ALSO

An event can be linked to more than one action so this means I really need to understand how the expressions are linked to the action. For instance if I have 20 expressions but I want to use 10 of them when actiona is invoked and the other 10 for actionb how is this achieved (indeed can it be achieved)?

The doco for this framework is just terrible!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ross_goodman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Seema,

Are you able to provide a transaction or screen shot of the functionality that links the expression to the action? I am looking at a brf that SAP have provided us and I can see that 3 expressions are linked to a specific action, and that this action is linked to the event via the event rule. NOWHERE however can I see HOW the expressions were linked to the action.

I wish to develop another expression and link this to the same action as the existing three expressions.

cheers,

Ross

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can either attach event / expression to action at a time, and you can not have both .

The usual rules to have Events -expressions -Actions are using the Rules.

One can have Expressions attached to event using Rules subscreen. and also attach the action to the same rule.... this will work like

"When Event is triggered, expression will be evaluated, and if this returns TRUE, then action will be executed."

ie., EVENT = if EXPRESSION then ACTION

You can attach 4 expressions to one action at a time, this you can achieve using the implementation class : CL_CRM_PS_ECC_MSG_BRF for the action.

use the BRF as message ID and 014 as Message number while creating the message . this gives you the option to enter 4 expressions.

Seema

ross_goodman
Participant
0 Kudos

a mistake by me

ross_goodman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Seema,

Are you able to provide a transaction or screen shot of the functionality that links the expression to the action? I am looking at a brf that SAP have provided us and I can see that 3 expressions are linked to a specific action, and that this action is linked to the event via the event rule. NOWHERE however can I see HOW the expressions were linked to the action.

I wish to develop another expression and link this to the same action as the existing three expressions.

cheers,

Ross

0 Kudos

Hi Ross,

Please follow the below steps to attach expression to action

1. First create an Implementation class (ex..0IMP_ACTION) for action with mplementation class CL_CRM_PS_ECC_MSG_BRF and maintenance class CL_CRM_PS_ECC_MSG_MNT_BRF.

2. now create an action with 0IMP_ACTION as an implementation class. this will give you an option to create a messageu2026.

3. in the message creation subscreen create new message with

message ID : BRF

message number : 014

Type : E

This will give you one more subscreen to enter the constants and expressions. here you can enter an expression which you want to attach for action.

Sorry, i couldnt upload the screen shots for the same.

Seema